Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I noticed when I tried to turn on my left turn signal, the arrow just froze. The light didn't blink and it didn't make the clicking noise. When I turned on the headlights, it started working intermittently again.

Any ideas what this might be? I've never really dealt with electrical stuff before so I have no idea where to start.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sounds like what Sparkydave said and or corrosion issue. white chalky crap on the sockets will cause weird issues, a good cleaning with some fine emery cloth sandpaper and some dielectric grease or contact cleaner protector may solve it. I'm working on restoring a 1975 CB125 and I converted it all to LED and at first the signals just came on solid with a new flasher relay but after cleaning all the connections good they now operate properly. a 13 year old Pilot may be old enough for it to have corrosion on contacts/bulbs.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
One way to see if it's a filament burned out in one of your bulbs if you can't manage to see it clearly, is to switch in a known good one, even from the opposite side if you don't have a spare handy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts