Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ours finally came in and we picked it up on Saturday. Thanks to this board, I knew more about it than the dealer. I got to drive it first since my wife was a bit nervous. She followed with the Accord.

We christened it on Sunday by taking the kids to the circus in Boston. Four adults, four kids (three child seats), everyone was comfortable. Two hours each way.

Driving was very smooth and quite, no vibes.

I also saw three more Pilots and a couple MDX's. I was beside an MDX on the highway and was noticing the flares and the fact that the tail lights look like the Pilot's only upside down.

I installed the rear flaps and side steps when we got home.

The Pilot is a very nice vehicle. I just hope it stays that way. (Sure needed a cleaning afterward.)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Congratualtions! So whatcha get? Color, etc...
Safe Piloting!! :29:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sage.
It's a white EX. Nothing fancy like Nav, Res, or leather.
While at the dealer I was looking through thier accessories book and saw a roof rack cage in clear anodized aluminum. Had sort of a safari look to it.
I also saw something called the 'protection package' with a 'to be announced' label and no price. Anyone have any insight into this one?:confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats!

I'll be looking for you on my first big Pilot roadtrip, NHPilot. How many white Pilots could there be in NH, anyway?:2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Picked up my Pilot last Thursday !

We also have 2002 Acura MDX so I'll try and post the comparisons as I discover them (in the SUV comparison section). I bought the Pilot because my Acura dealer would move off MSRP for a 2002 MDX sitiing on his lot, even though I had just bought one 6 months ago. So I bought the pilot from his competitor ! The Pilot is great , but I've only driven it a few times so far. I'm looking forward to hanging out here and learning more about the Pilot. Regards, Tom

·
Registered
465 Posts
Re: Picked up my Pilot last Thursday !

Dr.Tom said:
We also have 2002 Acura MDX so I'll try and post the comparisons as I discover them (in the SUV comparison section). I bought the Pilot because my Acura dealer would move off MSRP for a 2002 MDX sitiing on his lot, even though I had just bought one 6 months ago. So I bought the pilot from his competitor ! The Pilot is great , but I've only driven it a few times so far. I'm looking forward to hanging out here and learning more about the Pilot. Regards, Tom
You're a dog. You know that don't you? (I'm just REAL jealous.)

:10: :6: :10: :6: :10: :6:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Re: Picked up my Pilot last Thursday !

Dr.Tom said:
We also have 2002 Acura MDX ...
Welcome Dr. Tom! It will be interesting to see your opinions on the comparisons... just like someone who has both a Highlander and a Pilot.
If you feel inclined... post your VIN to the VIN table thread (click link in my signature below). Welcome!

·
Registered
29 Posts
catbert,

if that makes you jealous I won't tell you about my '77 280Z that I've had since I bought it in '77 !

havasu,

I'm not sure exactly where to post it. The last six numbers are : 524457. Does this help ?

Regards, Tom

Z car pics : http://www.buffnet.net/~drtom/datsun.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you. Regards, Tom

·
Registered
900 Posts
Dr.Tom said:
havasu,
I'm not sure exactly where to post it. The last six numbers are : 524457. Does this help ?
See my signature line below for link to VIN table thread.
I'll prepare a nice row in the table for you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts