Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday my brother and I sprayed my wheels with Krylon bed liner. I scrub washed and rinsed then hand sanded each wheel to scuff up the surface for the paint to adhere to. After another good wash, rinse, and dry we used index cards to slip in between the rim lip and tire to create a sheild to prevent overspray onto the tires. We also taped up the air valve and stuffed a piece of paper towel in the lug holes. We then started the spraying. 4 coats. 1 first light coat followed by 3 medium coats. 20min between each coat. Initially I did not have center caps but found some on ebay to match the look I was going for (black with small chrome accents). I also sanded/scuffed the black gloss off of the center caps so when sprayed the paint would adhere completely. All in all, they came out exactly how I wanted them to!

I previously did this same exact process to my front bumper trim and grill. I plan to do the same to my rear bumper trim. Love the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I can dig the bedlining, it kind of limits your cleaning to using a brush or pressure washer since it would tear up a normal paint sponge/mitt. Looks cool!

Reactions: Mikerophonemike
1 - 3 of 3 Posts