Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Emission System Problem to Failed Injectors to Failed Catalytic Converters

I’m an owner of a 2016 Honda Pilot Touring. My car is at the dealership as I am typing this response. I started to have that issue at 55k mi (in spite of having fuel induction service done- as advised) and injectors were replaced at 70k (covered by Honda). Now my car is at 130k and I’ve been to the dealership about 5-7 times since for the same issue. Now the issue that I have is that my cat converters needed to be replaced ($4k total) as error P0420 and P0430 keeps popping up whenever emission system failure appears.

It is very frustrating as I have always been keeping up with the service intervals and have been very proactive with my service advisor to make sure the car is in optimal performance. There’s no telling what issue will show up next. I remember the reason for buying a Honda is for “peace of mind” as their vehicles are “reliable” but has so far been the opposite with this vehicle. This is the only vehicle that we’ve had that had failed cat converters (130k less than 5 years pf purchase). We had a car for 17 years (300k mi) and never had that replaced.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts