Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You may have one already, but if you struggle with that plastic "wingnut" radiator drain valve in that difficult to grip location on 2nd gen (maybe other) Pilots, get one of these:

Power Wing Nut Driver Set, Slot Wing Nuts Drill Bit Socket Wrenches Tools Set, 1/4 Inch Hex Shank Steel Drills Bits for Panel Nuts Screws Eye C Hook Bolt (2) - - Amazon.com

Works great and won't damage the plug if you have to use pliers. Just don't try to whiz it off with a power drill like the picture. It has a 1/4 hex shank so a 1/4 socket on a 1/4 drive ratchet works perfectly.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I attached the stakebody for my utility trailer using wing nuts with eye bolts on the outside. They become tie-down points when needed and I carry my 12V impact and a screwdriver to put them on and off in seconds. When I bought this tool a couple years ago the process went from taking 10 minutes to 2 minutes.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I attached the stakebody for my utility trailer using wing nuts with eye bolts on the outside. They become tie-down points when needed and I carry my 12V impact and a screwdriver to put them on and off in seconds. When I bought this tool a couple years ago the process went from taking 10 minutes to 2 minutes.
Yep, all our polycarb hurricane shutters are held on the bottom with wing nuts. There's over 100 of them. Used to take half a day even though the polycarb is a LOT lighter than the metal ones. With that tool and a electric drill I can do all the shutters in an hour.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
577 Posts
Yep, all our polycarb hurricane shutters are held on the bottom with wing nuts. There's over 100 of them. Used to take half a day even though the polycarb is a LOT lighter than the metal ones. With that tool and a electric drill I can do all the shutters in an hour.

I was going to say the exact same thing.
First time my brother put up his shutters i was spinning those things for hours.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,315 Posts
Definitely one of those why didn't I think of it tools. Probably been Mcgivered many times before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts