Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
nckevpilot and I both are experiencing a type of noise not discussed before and was hoping someone would have some idea as to what it might be.

MY Pilot has only 400 miles on it and the noise is apparent with no radio or AC on. Normal driving at 25-45 mph or so there is a (not so loud) noise coming from what appears to be behind the speedometer or in the engine compartment in front of the driver. It sounds like a buzz, and the pitch is steady at all speeds between 25-45. If you accelerate the sound seems to be quieter and then gets louder if you let off the gas. I already bent back the throttle cable bracket a 1/2 inch just in case, to no avail.

I don't want to make a special for this, but will be going to the dealer when a few more things pop up or 1st oil change in a couple of months or if the sound gets worse.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Have teh dealer look

At least then it is noted as a warrenty issue before you start messing around.

If they can't find it, start looking arond and tapping on things to see if you can get a similar noise. Then try a piece of duct tape to see it that damps that noise. Do one at a time so you know when you fixed it.

I would try some tape on the throttle cable just to double check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts