Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the time when I get to reflect. No, not on my life (what life?), no, not on my achievements (too humble), but on this board.

It has been over a year now, and this board has seen the good (mostly), the bad (maybe) and the ugly (not a chance). So I think this is a good time to get some of you more involved in the workings of this board. Hence, a call for moderators, 2 more moderators, to be precise.

So what does it mean to be a moderator. Aside from the "coolness" factor, it's a little bit of your time as often as you can provide it. You will be able to do such things as move threads around to their appropriate spaces, edit posts, delete posts, forward me any type of urgent questions/requests coming from members, and so on. The detailed description of job responsibilities are posted here: http://www.acuramdx.org/moderating.php

So, please feel free to nominate your next leader here. Self nominations are welcome too.

I would also like to take this opportunity and thank our fearless moderator <font color="red">TheWorm</font>. Without his help this board would have been in big trouble.

Regards,
admin.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Well I would like to nominate KEMOSABE!:D I feel he deserves such power, besides he is on here all the time anyway!:rolleyes: Although I don't think he deserves it as much as I do so I will nominate myself to.:D
With this power and a small Island(including sharks with lasers an there heads) to base it from I could rule the world!!! MMMMWWWWAAAAAAAA!.....................cough......sorry bout that just slipped out.

Matt:)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
How about any of the two from the top five poster list in this forum, kemosabe (4141 posts)
N_Jay (1876 posts)
Sage (1522 posts)
ramirami (1401 posts)
PrG (1222 posts).

If one declines the honor then, the next in line can be asked and so on.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
admin said:
I would also like to take this opportunity and thank our fearless moderator <font color="red">TheWorm</font>. Without his help this board would have been in big trouble.
I agree. Thanks TW!! He's always come through for me, along with a few others in here, with answers to my questions, even when they're usually dumb ones.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
RipRocK said:
How about any of the two from the top five poster list in this forum, kemosabe (4141 posts)
N_Jay (1876 posts)
Sage (1522 posts)
ramirami (1401 posts)
PrG (1222 posts).

If one declines the honor then, the next in line can be asked and so on.
Honereed for the offer, but decline due to time constraints.

I am already on here too much and don't need another excuse.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Re: Re: ANNCMNT: Moderators Needed

RipRocK said:

I agree. Thanks TW!! He's always come through for me, along with a few others in here, with answers to my questions, even when they're usually dumb ones.
Just wanted to chime in with my thanks to our fearless moderator TheWorm.

And while we are on the topic of Moderators, post count and sister site, I thought that it might be appropriate to point out this on-going saga at AcuraMDX.org as some food for thought...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I like RipRocks suggestion about two from the top posters getting the honor as long as they are willing to take on the responsibility.......they have my vote.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Re: Re: Re: ANNCMNT: Moderators Needed

yolk said:

...sister site...
There is just WAY too much to keep with up on that board.

If Kemo is up to it, I'd like to nominate him too. Dedicated, selfless, eager to please, and even organizes meets. Can we name the backup moderator 'Tonto?'

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
:4:KEMO KEMO KEMO:4:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
If this means that the moderator has the "power" to edit all those posts about what to do with all the extra donut-spares that our Piloteers have laying around in the their garages - I'll volunteer for the job!!!! :2: :2:

Seriously, I think there are several good candidates here. Being in the "top five" shows a certain level of dedication (or perseverance). Even into the "top 10" you will find more possibles (even your's truly!!). :D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
colorider said:
[snip]
Seriously, I think there are several good candidates here. Being in the "top five" shows a certain level of dedication (or perseverance). Even into the "top 10" you will find more possibles (even your's truly!!). :D
Yeah, colorider, if you're up to the task then, I don't see why not? N_Jay already has said he'll decline the honor due to time constraints and I'm sure you're not too far off from the top posters.

kemo hasn't replied yet, but since we have someone who's expressed interest already, why not? Do we have our first addition to the moderator list? Admin? Everyone?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I can see Kemo and Colorider doing a great job! Guess we will need a poll started admin so we can make the vote official. Of course I am just waiting for you all to throw your jokes out at me about how we don't know how to vote down here. :bootyshak

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I want to see some mudslinging! heh heh :p

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
FLPilot said:
I can see Kemo and Colorider doing a great job! Guess we will need a poll started admin so we can make the vote official. Of course I am just waiting for you all to throw your jokes out at me about how we don't know how to vote down here. :bootyshak
I don't know what you're talking about, Chad.:D

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
FLPilot said:
But as often as you "do it over", you should be getting it down pat soon!!!!! :2: :2:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
FLPilot said:
I like this proposal. If Kemo does'nt want to do it, I can volenteer. Only I am not sure how much time I can spare ones the baby is here...uncharted waters....:eek:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D I like this forum, my pilot and willing to share my thoughts. if there are no takers, like to volunteer too!:eek:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Florida residents only

This will be issued to Florida residents only so that we might have a fair votinh situation.

Chad? Chad who?

I guess I will take my buddy's post and guard the ballots

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Honda Pilot Voting Machine

As some Floridian's would do, pick as many that are applicable to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Count me in. :D

I'm a computer geek for a living, and happy to be a geek in my spare time too. I've always enjoyed this site, and am happy to help out with the housekeeping.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts