Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you disconnect Android Auto? Do you simply power off the engine then unplug the phone when you are home? Or, do you disconnect the USB cable before shutting off the engine?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've made it a practice to always unplug before I shutoff the car and more importantly, I definitely do not plug in my phone before starting the car. I always plug it in after the car has started.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Note8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
I do both for connecting and disconnecting... Sometimes before starting or stopping the engine, sometimes after.

Its never an issue for me, Honda did a fantastic job implementing Android Auto. It works perfectly every time with full and proper functionality and without any glitches.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Before you physically disconnect the cable, do you "soft" disconnect first? I can't find any icon on the screen to soft disconnect (something like "safe disconnect" icon on a PC before yanking the USB cable).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nope, I just yank the cable out (of the phone, I leave it permanently connected to the car) and plug it back in. Since I listen to either Spotify or Podcasts 99% of the time, I have it on Android Auto almost all the time, and it just auto reconnects and resumes playing automatically too. It's flawless. No need for any other BS disconnect routines (that's in Microsoft's exclusive domain!)

Might I ask why you're so concerned? Are you having issues with yours?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, I just yank the cable out (of the phone, I leave it permanently connected to the car) and plug it back in. Since I listen to either Spotify or Podcasts 99% of the time, I have it on Android Auto almost all the time, and it just auto reconnects and resumes playing automatically too. It's flawless. No need for any other BS disconnect routines (that's in Microsoft's exclusive domain!)

Might I ask why you're so concerned? Are you having issues with yours?
Peter, thank you for asking. Both phone and car are perfect. The issue is my OCD ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
OCD got it... lol
I just plug the phone in and unplug it as I am getting out of the car. Never really thought about it too much and do not use any special routine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm really hoping that Honda secretly included a dual-band router in the entertainment unit. Apparently that's the only very specific piece of hardware that's needed to enable Android Auto wirelessly, which was just made functional for Samsung phones last month. If they did happen to be foresightful and include the correct hardware, then it could potentially just be a matter of a simple software update to enable it.

That would also make the wireless charging pad make a lot more sense, since't it's pretty redundant and useless if you're using a wired connection for AA.

Not holding my breath, but that would be an awesome surprise if it happens.

Here's a really good description the tech requirements for wireless AA if anyond's interested...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts