Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The head unit on our 2018 Pilot used to work decently with Android Auto and my Google Pixel 3, but some months ago it stopped working completely. My wife's iPhone still works with Car Play. I figured my phone had become incompatible because of phone/AA software updates and that I needed to update the car's software, but to my surprise, there doesn't seem to be any way to do so! Anyone had the same issue and managed to resolve it?

Somewhat related, I noticed options to install APK packages from a USB stick in the menus. Probably it won't let me install just anything without rooting the device... However, if I were able to that, and install, say, Waze, Spotify, and Pocket Casts directly onto the unit, and it worked fine, I would no longer have a need for Android Auto. Has anyone tried that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Are you using a original cable? Some people have issues when their charger either isn't original, or there's damage to the cable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the original cable, since it's USB-C on both ends (and doesn't fit the car), but I've tried multiple new cables, and it's worked before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts