Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Amazon warehouse has used (like new) Wagner coated rear rotors for $12 each including TX taxes. Usually, that means the manufacturer's shipping box has been damaged.

I bought 2

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Good deal. Post how they work out for you. You're getting new pads, too, I suppose? What kind?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, getting news pads too...I only use Akebono.

Will update when on the rotors.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I find that the Wagners catch surface rust a lot quicker than others .. I switched over to the higher end pro stop slotted rotors so far no rust on them . It's been almost 1 year on them. BUT for that price it's a toss up!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have the Powerstop Z36 kit including calipers on my F150, and they are fine. However, I cannot tell any real difference in that and the OEM brakes that were on it. From looking through the wheel, after a year the rotors still look nice.... but once removed they had a lot more rust than I would have anticipated and a better coated rotor would have been better in the areas where they did show rust. Were I in the salt belt, they'd be nasty.

That said - I rebuilt my entire front end recently, and holy hell I never had so much trouble getting a rotor off. I beat and beat and beat on it.... they machines the inside diameter of the rotor where it meets the hub too tight, it only has a few thousandths of clearance, which was no problem installing them. But after a year they rust-fused together and it was a nightmare removing them. In 35 years of changing brakes, those were the worst. This time I doped it up with a lot more anti-seize in this area, and sanded it as much as I could to relieve it.... but I am not looking forward the next time they have to come off. Nobody is perfect.

Reactions: Tahoefever
1 - 5 of 5 Posts