Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

American Honda Survey Calls tonight...

5K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  kadiir 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a printout of the American Honda Motors Survey??

Thanks

#3 ·
What's this survey thing I keep hearing about?

How long after the purchase do you typically get the survey? I took delivery at the end of March and haven't received it yet.

#5 ·
Re: What's this survey thing I keep hearing about?

krygny said:
How long after the purchase do you typically get the survey? I took delivery at the end of March and haven't received it yet.
We took delivery at the end of April and received our survey at the end of June. The survey was suprisingly extensive, almost to the point if it was much longer I would have thrown it away, in fact I almost did, but I ended up taking the time to complete it and send it in.

#6 ·
Got my Pilot 4/27. The Honda survey was mailed to my house last week in May. The dealership, from the sales rep to the finance manager made a big deal about giving them a good rating in every category. So I used it to my advantage and got all season floor mats for free. In return, I gave the the dealership an excellent rating in all categories. When I purchased my 2001 Acura TL, same thing. The dealership offered free oil change, car wash, etc. in exchange for a good rating. So, when negotiating a deal, use it to your advantage. Bye the way, the Honda dealership also told us to be expecting a telephone call. It never happened. Survey came in the mail.

#7 ·
wwong said:
Got my Pilot 4/27. The Honda survey was mailed to my house last week in May. The dealership, from the sales rep to the finance manager made a big deal about giving them a good rating in every category. So I used it to my advantage and got all season floor mats for free. In return, I gave the the dealership an excellent rating in all categories. When I purchased my 2001 Acura TL, same thing. The dealership offered free oil change, car wash, etc. in exchange for a good rating. So, when negotiating a deal, use it to your advantage. Bye the way, the Honda dealership also told us to be expecting a telephone call. It never happened. Survey came in the mail.
Salesman love guys like you...................not, they know exactly what you are up too and cant do anything but smile. :p

#8 ·
wwong said:
Bye the way, the Honda dealership also told us to be expecting a telephone call. It never happened. Survey came in the mail.
Ditto.

#9 ·
To resurrect an old discussion...

I got a followup call from someone at my dealer yesterday and she said I would be getting a phone survey from Honda and twice asked me if I was going to answer with all 5's. I told her that I wouldn't know what my answers would be until I heard the actual questions. Although I wish that I had said that it was unlikely that I would give all 5's since that would indicate an outstanding buying experience, which I didn't have...

I would describe it as an acceptable business transaction, and my survey will reflect that. I doubt that I will give any 5's to the dealer, although I would give the salesman a 4 since he seemed to be a nice guy and took the time to take us for test rides, show us the vehicle features, etc.

Has anyone received a phone or mail survey from American Honda lately? I'm hoping to do it by mail so I could write in some additional comments.

#10 ·
The dealerships take this survey VERY seriously. From what I've been told, anything less than 5 is a flunking score. Not sure what the ramifications are for the dealership or the individual salesman.

#11 ·
RE: Honda Surveys

I received both a phone call and a follow up survey by mail. My phone call was within a couple of days of purchase and the mail survery was within less than 30 days.

My salesperson explained that they get allocations based on the survey numbers so the higher the numbers the more cars they are allocated. He did not ask me to rate all 5's but did suggest that a 5 rating would allocate additional Pilot's in the future.

Does anyone know if this is true?

BTW - I gave them a 5 rating because they deserved it, not because of what he said.

#12 ·
What I think is funny is that one of the questions on the survey asks if the dealer asked you to give them a good rating.

#13 ·
I just got a letter of congratulations from my salesman:

Dear MA_Pilot: (he spelled my name incorrectly in the letter)

Finally, a reminder that is incredibly important. I mentioned briefly when I was delivering your car to you that you would be receiving an overall satisfaction survey via telephone. This survey acts as our report card. If for any reason there is something that would prevent us from receiving a perfect score, please contact me and give me an opportunity to address that item. Otherwise, I trust that we have taken care of you and that this can honestly be reflected on your survey.

It just bugs me that they have the nerve to ask for a perfect score when they:
  • Excluded my wife from the process (IMO because she is female).
  • Told me that they would "just sell the car to someone else" if I didn't pay their price.
  • Stress the importance of getting the first oil change done at 1500-2000 miles when the Pilot manual and Honda OwnerLINK web site says NOT to do this. Their service department couldn't give what I consider to be a valid reason as to why they recommend this.
  • Didn't get my state emissions inspection done for me. I paid for this and instead was given a voucher for an inspection station near them that I had to go to during my lunch break.
  • The finance department questioned the financing I had lined up with PeopleFirst/Capital One Finance (a $60 billion company) wasn't from a reputable lender in an attempt to get me to finance with them.

I sent my salesman and his manager a two-page letter explaining why I would NOT be giving them a perfect score on my American Honda survey. Although my purchase was satisfactory, it was far from outstanding, and my survey will reflect that.

If they want a perfect score on their survey, it seems to me that they should be more proactive about making sure I am satisfied with my purchase. My experience with PeopleFirst and hondacuraworld.com was far better than my experience with the dealer.

#14 ·
There definitely seems to be a money link with the phone survey results...allocations, pricing, bonuses, something $$$ for sure. However, the paper and phone survey seem separate and ask different questions. The "quality assurance" guy at my dealership said he was not even aware of the paper survey when they called to ask me to give them all 5, or the chance to fix whatever was wrong. I think the whiole system is dumb...I hate having to give 5's to get them their results with honda, and not being able to say what I think...but I don't want to screw my local guys. So I'll be using the paper survey to give real feedback to Honda.

#18 ·
guitarman said:
The dealerships take this survey VERY seriously. From what I've been told, anything less than 5 is a flunking score. Not sure what the ramifications are for the dealership or the individual salesman.
My salesperson said anything less than all 5s and his commission is cut in half for a month. But first he talked about looking for his birth mother his new born baby. Do I need this info. When I purchase a new car it should be all about me, me, me...

...And he threw in the cargo tray and 6 free oil changes.

Like I said, do I need this pressure ;)

#19 ·
Anyone Received A Survey/Call Lately?

I haven't received a call or mailed survey from Honda since my Pilot purchase (10/9/03). Anyone who purchased around that time receive anything yet?

#20 ·
Got my call three weeks after I purchased

which was 11/22. I didn't mind the call but Honda doesn't properly identify themselves via Caller ID so I didn't pick up the first six times they called. I answered the seventh to remind what I thought was a telemarketer that I was on the Do Not Call list. When I found out it was Honda I told them that they should not hide their identity on CallerID.

#21 ·
Re: Got my call three weeks after I purchased

CincyDiver said:
which was 11/22. I didn't mind the call but Honda doesn't properly identify themselves via Caller ID so I didn't pick up the first six times they called. I answered the seventh to remind what I thought was a telemarketer that I was on the Do Not Call list. When I found out it was Honda I told them that they should not hide their identity on CallerID.
Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already called me, then. I don't answer those unidentifed calls or ones that I otherwise don't recognize. Do you remember how the call read on your display when it came in?

#22 ·
I think the call was from New Mexico

which is why we didn't answer it the first six times.

#23 ·
We picked up the truck on 11/21, got the survey last week. I got follow up calls from my salesrep, even a nice 'Merry Xmas' call from him, we were very happy overall with the buying experience. I have had more trouble purchasing a dvd player !
One thing I did do was make some comments on a dealer I dealt with in Old Bridge, NJ. I think the guy should be fired !
Have a Happy New Year's everyone ! :D

#24 ·
phone survey

I took delivery on 12/19 and got a call surveying me on 12/30. My caller ID showed "Laurel, MD - 240-456-4369."

If you really want to complain about your buying experience, the phone survey may not be the place to do it. The person conducting my survey seemed to have no idea what's involved in purchasing a car. She read from the script and recorded #s.

Wish I'd known about the possibility of negotiating w/ my salesperson for a perfect survey score. Maybe I could have gotten the cargo tray.

#25 ·
No call (that I'm aware of - between Privacy Manager & Caller ID, I don't answer every call that comes my way), but I did get a mail-in survey about 2 weeks after I purchased mine.

kad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.