Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if all Pilots have red rear turn signals? I would really like to have amber ones. Is there an after-market replacement? I thought the MDX's might be work, but they look like they are shaped differently to me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Amber Turn Signals

Tim -

I agree that the amber signals are better. Unfortunately, however, I have not seen any replacement rear lamps as yet. I think there is a company (sounds like Alcheeza??) that makes custom lamps for Hondas and others but most 3rd party suppliers have not yet had enough time to gear up their Pilot offerings.

Good luck and let us all know if you find anything.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't believe it will work. The actual cover on the rear lights is red. You would probably need a whole new light assembly. The MDX has the backup lights in it so I don't think that would work. I'm sure there will be some Altezza replacements within a year.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My guess is that the 2004's will have amber lights. Just as they did on the Ody after a year. :D :2: :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Cheesehead said:
My guess is that the 2004's will have amber lights. Just as they did on the Ody after a year. :D :2: :D
Yeah. . .that and a sunroof.:eek: Hey, why not the new integrated key too that they have for the Accords!:(

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
tdetde said:
Does anyone know if all Pilots have red rear turn signals? I would really like to have amber ones. Is there an after-market replacement? I thought the MDX's might be work, but they look like they are shaped differently to me.
I am sure it's only a matter of time before the aftermarket suppliers begin kicking out factory replacements and custom mod stuff ... But in the numerous web searches I've done, I don't think there is anything that significant out yet.

PrG

·
Registered
2,370 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
airgate said:

Yeah. . .that and a sunroof.:eek: Hey, why not the new integrated key too that they have for the Accords!:(

Since wwong dug up an old thread. None happened for '04. THey waited for '05 and didn't do the taillamps. I was wierdly enough looking at those yesterday thinking they looked weird without different colors.

·
Registered
483 Posts
All Red

IIRC, In Europe, all cars must have yellow turn signals. But maybe that was just in the past- new European cars don't have this. Anyone?

I think that the all red design is much more classy and also looks better than the yellow ones. More uniform, in my opinion. Besides- it is probably cheaper to make it all red.

Thanks-
EDR

·
Premium Member
4,296 Posts
wwong said:
Looks like they are finally available. Who's going to be the first? Please post pictures!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33716&item=7939241364&rd=1
Yeah, I saw those recently and I think they look pretty cool, but they don't look like they have the amber turn signal and at that price it's a bit out of my range for now as well. Anyhoo, I'm planning to get a pair of Sway-A-Way coilover shocks for my Taco in the next few weeks. :2: That's another $600 down the drain!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
The 03/04 Odyssey now has an amber turn signal lens which at first was red. If Honda made a change to amber on the van then why did they go with red on the Pilot? For looks, I like the clear lens with the amber bulb.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If we open the existing Honda lamp assembly and stick a transparent yellow acrylic piece from the inside over the turn signal lamp area - will it make it look amber enough?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
rshelar said:
The 03/04 Odyssey now has an amber turn signal lens which at first was red. If Honda made a change to amber on the van then why did they go with red on the Pilot? For looks, I like the clear lens with the amber bulb.
Cause they wanted to make sure the ricers would like the MDX better. :2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
amber turning lights

I have notice most foreign cars built in the US have non amber tail lights.I will call it Americanize.I will prfer amber on my tail lights too

·
Registered
819 Posts
Close, but no cigar

The e-bay ones don't look right. The ones for the Pilot should be "chromed" inside, not black, to be similar to the headlights...with an amber turn signal lens.

I'll keep waiting. The price isn't too bad.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I prefer amber as well. With the sunlight reflecting off the turn signals, it is more difficult to see a red turn signal then an amber turn signal (at least for me).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts