Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Pilot equipped with an AM/FM booster? I've been thinking about adding one but I've heard the Pilot already has one.

·
Registered
991 Posts
good question, I would be interested to know this too? If not, How is the booster installed?

rob

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a little disappointed in the performance of the current antenna. I could add an external antenna but would rather increase the signal strength first to see if that will handle the problem.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Also Disappointed in Antenna Performance

I'm with you, ChuckW, re disappointment with the Pilot's antenna performance. I've posted elsewhere about my problems with signal strength. I receive a decent signal for only a handful of AM/FM stations, and even the strongest of those weakens at times. The "search" feature on the radio is useless; it lands on only a couple of stations; no other signals are strong enough. I live about 25 miles from both Washington and Baltimore, so I'm not exactly out in the boondocks.

Somehow I doubt the service dept. will find anything wrong when I take the Pilot in for the first oil change....and will probably just say "that's what you have to put up with when you don't have an external antenna." But I don't see too many others complaining about this on this board. I'd welcome anybody's insight/suggestions.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Same here

I already complaint on the 1st oil change.
The technician did not do anything but discuss with me about his cell phone will be interupted at the same suitation.

My suitation is the AM reception will be interupted (very badly to a point you cannot hear anything but statics) when power line is above and across the road, ie 90 degree with the car, above.

My Volvo wagon which also has embedded antenna in the rear window of the cargo area, but Volvo has booster at the bottom of the antenna. Same road , same location, but still crystal clear.

I was trying to tell the technician to check is there a booster, if yes, then will it be loosen. He even did not consider the option of booster or not.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts