Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody has seen or heard of aluminum door sills that can be installed on the Pilot? The Pilot comes with the original plastic door sills. If you have seen these please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
QuayVong said:
Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody has seen or heard of aluminum door sills that can be installed on the Pilot? The Pilot comes with the original plastic door sills. If you have seen these please let me know. Thank you.
I know this is an old post, but I was searching the forums for this same thing after seeing these available for the first on eBay.

Here's the eBay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33705&item=2458261013

Here's the sample pic they show...

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
:needpics:

Sorry, but I had to do it

I have been interested in them myself and would love to see how they look.:D

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I would be interested in seeing a picture too. Did you get the sills for the front only or for all four doors?

·
Registered
144 Posts
rayneragency said:
I bought a set of these and they look great. The plastic sils pop right off, the new ones are attached with heavy duty adhesive tape.

Well Let see some pics...

·
Registered
116 Posts
wwong said:
I would be interested in seeing a picture too. Did you get the sills for the front only or for all four doors?
Wilson: I'm not sure but I doubt that the same sill will fit the second row doors.

$49 for a pair of sill is pretty good, but I also want to see the picture before buying.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too was curious about how these would look. I email the seller on Ebay, but alas he didn't have any additional pictures of the Pilot sills.

I'm reluctant to drop $50+ for something on Ebay that I can't even get a picture of.

rayneragency: I'll give you a cookie to post a picture of yours ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Two cookies...

devnull said:
rayneragency: I'll give you a cookie to post a picture of yours ;)
Aye, I second that cookie. :) Post a pic!!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yeah, we want pics

:needpics:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Maybe a Honda sill will work fine too?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Honda-aluminum-door-sills-Pilot-Civic-Accord-all_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33705QQitemZ8032743974QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I wonder if we might be able to start a group buy for this Pilot Door Sill? I organized one for my Mazda6 2 years ago on a different forum. $50 is too much imo. If we can get like 20 ppl to buy this sill, I am sure the seller will be willing to cut the price down.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-PILOT-STAINLESS-STEEL-DOOR-SILLS-W-LOGO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33705QQitemZ8030890310QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

·
Administrator
15,511 Posts
Aluminum in DIRECT contact with steel will trigger corrosion due to the different electrical properties of the two metals. Metallurgists can explain it further.

·
Registered
606 Posts
rocky said:
Aluminum in DIRECT contact with steel will trigger corrosion due to the different electrical properties of the two metals. Metallurgists can explain it further.
I'm guessing by the instructions on the web page that you stick it to the plastic door sill that's already there, not to the metal underneath.

·
Registered
431 Posts
rocky said:
this might be true, but I think that is bare metal to bare metal contact, in this case, I believe the body is still painted under the plastic sill, and that thick double sided tape will prevent the two from contacting.

I think this could look sharp, but I don't like the idea of it being taped down. I may need to get under there sometime to run wires etc. and would hate to ruin the piece by trying to rip it out.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The Aluminum sill is tape to the plastic sill with minimum thickness. If u need to run wires under the plastic sill, just pry it open like u used to do, except the aluminum sill will still stick to the plastic one when it comes out.

Well, almost all the Acura I had or drove had alluminum door sill with 'ACURA' on it. I had Mazda6 before and the aluminum sill looks awesome on it.

I sent a email to the seller to see if we can get any discount for group buy. If anyone is interested, just leave me a note. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
gotcha.. thanks for the clarification. I can see it in the picture now. Like the other poster, I thought this was a replacement piece. If the price is right, I may be in.

Thanks for the leg work.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
no problem.

I got the mail from the seller. he is willing to work out some deal with us. But we haven't come to the discount level yet.

If let's say we can get 20~25% off from ordering 20 of them, how many of you will be interested? So Basically ($37.5~$40 + $5 shipping).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts