Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased one, and how does it fit/look? I am trying to decide if I want the aluminium or wood....

:8:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmmm....

Yeah, I think I am leaning towards the aluminium...matches the trim on the steering wheel.....I am just worried about the pieces falling off.:25:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well....

I was thinking this would hold it on better....

:29:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Well....

Art said:
I was thinking this would hold it on better....

:29:

specially works real well with the aluminum kits;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: Hmmmmm....

Art said:
Yeah, I think I am leaning towards the aluminium...matches the trim on the steering wheel.....I am just worried about the pieces falling off.:25:
The samples I received the brushed aluminum matches best. Neither the polished aluminum or brushed aluminum match exactly.

Ask whoever you plan on purchasing the kit from to send you samples and you can judge for yourself.

7 more post to go for a star!

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The staples just blend right in with the aluminium.....

:creeplook

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think the aluminum dash kit looks great.

Is it an OEM accessory or a third-party accessory?

ammdaddy

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
ammdaddy said:
I think the aluminum dash kit looks great.

Is it an OEM accessory or a third-party accessory?

ammdaddy
third party....

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The big question...Does anyone have a manufacturer they would recommend.....or one they would stay away from??

:31:

·
Registered
136 Posts
let us know where to buy the trim. also, please take some close up photos if you can
thanks,
bob

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been looking at the aluminum dash kit as well.
Not sure but it seems like maybe there is one or two manufacturers and a lot of resellers selling these kits. Looks like about 6-8 different kits available. They all have the same kit # it seems. I'm trying to find a kit that is not so rubbery/plastic on the surface/ closer to metal or thin hard plastic over metal. The samples I've gotten so far seem thick.
The guys at http://www.veneerz.com/ look like they have what I'm looking for but I haven't gotten a sample yet.

Q: Is it a replacement for the dashboard or a stick on dashboard kit?
A: The dash kits are thin flat pieces (NOT MOLDED). They are about 1/12th. Of an inch thick with an polyurethane coating and 3M adhesive tape backing. The pieces only cover certain places on the interior (i.e. power window switch plates, radio surround, shifter area, etc.). This is not a replacement for the entire plastic dashboard in your car.

Here are some others
http://www.bdtrims.com/customer/home.php?cat=509
http://www.edashkit.com/shop/
http://www.exoticwooddash.com/

ciao
mooz
exlss

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dash Samples

Finally got all the samples for brushed aluminum daskkits from multiple vendors see my previous post. They are all identical with one exception. The identical samples are "synthetic" brushed aluminum which is some sort of plastic/polymer/resin/rubber?? clear coat (1/16") over something that looks like brushed aluminum. Looks like brushed aluminum except the touch and thickness leaves something to be desired.
The exception came from www.exoticwooddash.com. Its is "real" brushed aluminum without any coatings.

Has ANYONE used this particular "Decor"product or any other "DECOR" brushed aluminum kit.
Results?

ciao
Mooz
exlss

·
Registered
136 Posts
How does the sample look when compared to the steering wheel trim????
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
225 Posts
The "real" (Decor) brushed aluminum looks exactly like the factory dash trim on the Accord. Very nice. The kit is more expensive than
most aluminum kits @$234 but it's a huge kit. I like it because it includes the third row armrest trim. I've asked the vendor for an installation example customer near me to take a look at cause I'm concerned about cheezing it up.
Also have yet another sample coming from a supplier who swears his is "real" with a polyurethane coating. We'll see.

I'm taking a bit of time with this as I'm changing out some of the dash components radio/LCD etc and I want a good fit.

ciao
mooz
exlss

·
Registered
269 Posts
aluminum trims

hi guys,

is that sharp or what !.....any recommendations on which supplier to go with ? is it applied with double stick tape ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I too am interested in this aluminum dash kit on my future 04 pilot. I'll wait to see the close up pixs from others before comtemplating this myself. It looks pretty sharp from manufacturer's sample pix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed my alum. dash kit... nice!

The kit was from dashkits.com.

the 04 kit is not 100% yet... they are going to send me the piece for the heated seats when its made.

the kit is simple to install.
the 3M sticky backs seem to be very heavy duty. I don't think i could get it off even if i wanted to....

one piece toward the end of the 2 hour install was installed crooked and i pulled it off quickly to try to realign it.. and i screwed it up, because the glue is soooo strong!!...

The brushed alum kit, is not what I expected... I thought it would be real aluminum, not fake graphics under a hard clear plastic thats flexible when its uninstalled.

Difficulty to install 1 out of 10 (hardest)... 6

1 - 20 of 59 Posts