Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'll be needing alternator replacement, my son is driving the 07 pilot, he's 1400 miles from me (the owner). Vehicle is at a trusted (by the wife) garage. Is the denso brand the best solution for replacement? How about new oem? Anticipated cost ? Wish I could source the replacement and do it myself, but it's not possible. Any guidance toward the replacement and cautions regarding, appreciated. Original lasted about 125k miles. I'm thinking I could've expected more?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looks like I'll be needing alternator replacement, my son is driving the 07 pilot, he's 1400 miles from me (the owner). Vehicle is at a trusted (by the wife) garage. Is the denso brand the best solution for replacement? How about new oem? Anticipated cost ? Wish I could source the replacement and do it myself, but it's not possible. Any guidance toward the replacement and cautions regarding, appreciated. Original lasted about 125k miles. I'm thinking I could've expected more?
Sounds like you're planning to have the replacement done by a trusted shop, and the vehicle is with your son, miles away. Perhaps you should ask the shop to supply and warranty the alternator. I believe that NAPA alternators have a good warranty. If you can be assured of parts and labor warranty for an extended time, that may be the way to go.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,929 Posts
I think you got your money’s worth out of the alternator at 125k miles.

Denso is OEM. A remanufactured unit runs ~$120 plus core charge. As STMech noted Napa parts are good quality as well. The shop will likely mark up the parts cost, figure 1.5x. Unless there is something difficult about replacing the Pilot’s alternator (mine is still original at 110k miles) it should take about an hour to swap it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts