Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be in the minority here, but i have tons of cds. yeah i still love my glam and sleaze metal.

Anyways, last week my serpentine belt was starting to make noise on my '12 touring with 74,000 miles, then 2 nites ago my battery light went on, along with a "check charging system" text alert. Luckily my honda dealership was able to get me in the next morning for the 75k service (i was down to 20% oil life anyways). As I suspected, the serp was replaced when i had the timing/waterpump done at 60k last year, but it was my alternator that was crapping out.

So now i have a new alternator and the engine is smooth and quiet, but all the cds i had ripped to the HDD are no longer in different album folders. I just have one folder named HDD with nearly 1000 fricking tracks. The worst part is that a lot of them were not in gracenote, so i can't even search for them by artist because they all show as unknown. I have a feeling that this is something irreversible, isn't it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Aside from spending hours listening, relabeling and organizing, it might be easier to erase the library and re-add. It is quite odd that replacing the alternator would do that to the HDD.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried adding a new cd today and it just added more tracks to the HDD folder. hitting forward or back on the CATEGORY button does nothing, as there seems to be only one category now,,
yet, for the tracks that do have the gracenote info,, it does show the artist, album and song title

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahah,, i figured it out,,, the HDD had reset to a different sort method,, i had to go into the sort menu and choose 'by album' and then it was back to before

1 - 4 of 4 Posts