Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So, after owning a 2007 pilot for a while, we found a lovely looking 2010 Ex-L at the local honda dealer with 167k kms or around 100k miles for a great price, as is where is. It was a local trade in one owner vehicle. Only catch, needed an alternator. So we brought er home and started the tear down, only to find that someone had cut the wire harness which plugs into the alternator.

Now, i cannot for the life of me find the connector anywhere. No one sells it individually, ive checked the local classifieds for part out cars as well. I did manage to pick up the connector from a 2005 pilot, but the connector does not fit, even though the wire colours are the same.

So, my question is, does someone have the correct orientation of how the wires are connected into the alternator? I can probably somehow make this connector fit, but i need to know how the wires are connected so i can connect this harness correctly.

I am still searching for the correct applicable harness part, i did find one on ebay but their wire colours dont match and they dont have any wiring diagrams with the part.

If i can get this harness to somehow fit, i can at least get the car running and make sure there arent any other issues before i start fixing other areas.

• Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,935 Posts
If you need the P/N for the entire harness check this diagram. I’m not familiar with the layout of 2006+ Pilots engine bays but I’m guessing the harness is #1 on the diagram. That harness is expensive.????
Hopefully you can locate a wiring diagram and connector for your year.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,935 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Have you tried junkyards? Car-part.com is useful for locating and pricing junkyard parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  • Thanks guys. I managed to go to my local partsource and they were able to find which wires go into which pins by finding a wiring diagram of the connector. I managed to trim the "old" harness i got from the junkyard to make it fit to start the car.
Everything ran great and alternator was charging the battery at the correct voltage. No idea why anyone would cut that connector off.

Anyways, i found one listing on ebay for a 2010 pilot "alternator repair plug", so im going to buy one of those to replace this current one i installed, now that i know the wiring orientation/colours.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts