Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a picure of a Honda Pilot with the Alpine Halo Alpine iLX-F903D. I think this stereo is similar to the Alpine ILX-F309.
Looks good. Honda_Pilot.jpg

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Any pictures of the back of the unit and how that was installed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No other pictures I was just searching on google for installations of the alpine stereo and this one came up. I figured I
would share.

·
Registered
302 Posts
This actually looks very much like my own install would look if I swapped my ILX-207 for a Halo9. Except this installer opted for a textured ABS front plate insert where I went for a 'carbon fiber' look.
If I did not have the 207 already, I might have considered Halo9,but truth be told, I would probably have gone with a different model, i.e. Sony XAV-AX8000 or Pioneer DMH-C5500NEX, or Alpine X308U. I would love a larger screen, but I really don't like how much the screen on Halo9 protrudes above the dash, seems like it would interfere with visibility. Or it would have to obstruct the climate controls display. And there is really no need for the screen unit to be so large - its size is mainly because of the huge bezel. It feels like design borrows from a tablet concept: being too large to be held like a phone, tablets must provide a wide bezel as a grip area. Except a car head unit screen is fixed in place - it does not need to be gripped, it does not need an inch of dead space around the display area. If the screen unit rather followed the zero-bezel design of modern smartphones such as Samsung Galaxy S10+, they could easily have a 9-10" screen that does not obstruct other stuff around it. Would look a lot more stylish as well, especially if they made it a wider form factor than 16:9.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts