Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Any pictures of the back of the unit and how that was installed?

·
Registered
766 Posts
This actually looks very much like my own install would look if I swapped my ILX-207 for a Halo9. Except this installer opted for a textured ABS front plate insert where I went for a 'carbon fiber' look.
If I did not have the 207 already, I might have considered Halo9,but truth be told, I would probably have gone with a different model, i.e. Sony XAV-AX8000 or Pioneer DMH-C5500NEX, or Alpine X308U. I would love a larger screen, but I really don't like how much the screen on Halo9 protrudes above the dash, seems like it would interfere with visibility. Or it would have to obstruct the climate controls display. And there is really no need for the screen unit to be so large - its size is mainly because of the huge bezel. It feels like design borrows from a tablet concept: being too large to be held like a phone, tablets must provide a wide bezel as a grip area. Except a car head unit screen is fixed in place - it does not need to be gripped, it does not need an inch of dead space around the display area. If the screen unit rather followed the zero-bezel design of modern smartphones such as Samsung Galaxy S10+, they could easily have a 9-10" screen that does not obstruct other stuff around it. Would look a lot more stylish as well, especially if they made it a wider form factor than 16:9.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hi can you help for found this dvd for honda pilot touring 2015
No sure what you mean by that, but the unit in the picture does NOT play DVDs.

Can you help where you buying and can i have more pictures please? Thanks
The original poster did not buy it, he just found a single picture somewhere and shared it.

Here is the thread about my install, except I used a different model head unit. If I decided to use an Alpine Halo9, my install would look about identical to this one.

The Alpine unit itself can be bought pretty much from any electronics retailer (Crutchfield, Amazon, BestBuy), but the real doozy is the install. It is a highly custom job, requiring significant alteration of the dashboard display section and wiring. Unless you have the skills and the tools, you'll have to look for a custom audio shop and be ready to pay a LOT.

It is practically a given that you will also need a new aftermarket amplifier, since Halo9's built-in amp only delivers a paltry 18Wx4
You will also lose ability to use the rear entertainment system - unless you replace it with something aftermarket as well, such as:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts