Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a changer and a res to my pilot and need some advice. I am considering the alpine dha-s680 so I don't have to install a separate dvd player and cd changer. My biggest concern is that I want to use the stock head unit to control the changer. Is this possible. Also, if anyone know anything about the alpine dha-s680 I was wondering if it plays MP3.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
jtbmoore said:
I want to add a changer and a res to my pilot and need some advice. I am considering the alpine dha-s680 so I don't have to install a separate dvd player and cd changer. My biggest concern is that I want to use the stock head unit to control the changer. Is this possible. Also, if anyone know anything about the alpine dha-s680 I was wondering if it plays MP3.

Thanks
According to Alpine USA the DHA-S680 has the following:

2-Channel Mix-Down PreOut
24-Bit Digital Noise Shaping
5-Position Adjustable Mounting (0° – 90°)
6 Disc DZ-S Mechanism
Ai-NET or Stand Alone Capability
CD TEXT
CDR/RW Compatibility
Digital Output (Optical)
Digital Servo
Direct Disc Select
Disc Title Memory*
Dolby Digital™ and DTS™ Compatibility
Dual Hybrid Dampers
Glitchless & Jitter-Free
Illuminated Eject Button
Intelligent Digital Servo Circuitry
M DAC (96kHz/24Bit DAC)
M.I.X .All *
Video Output
Wireless Remote Control Included (Audio/DVD)

You could add this device (DHA-S680) to any version of the Honda Pilot EX Head Unit with the addition of a Blitzsafe HON/ALP DMX V.1 Interface Adapter and an Alpine KCA-130B. This will allow the changer to send the audio through the system speakers while the CD Changer is selected on the Head Unit. Route a set of RCA Audio outputs and a RCA Video output from the DHA-S680 to an Alpine TMX-R705 Motorized Overhead Flip Down Monitor or an Alpine TMX-R680A Overhead Flip Down Monitor. This will allow you to watch the movies in the 2nd seat any time the CD Changer is selected on the Head Unit and 2nd row seat passengers can still listen to the DVD with the Alpine Wireless Headphones if the volume is turned down on the Head Unit.

The RUE-4168 Wireless remote included with the DHA-S680 will control this DVD/CD changer as well as Alpine head units and digital audio processors that use the Ai-NET system. The buttons have multiple functions, depending on what menu you are in and what you are controlling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts