Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the old Alpine disc changer (CHM-S611) will work with the Pilot head unit? This changer works in a 1998 CR-V -- have the cd changers changed since then?

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Great Web Site ... !

PrG

·
Registered
388 Posts
Alpine CHM-S611 in Pilot Installation

Has anyone installed one of these yet? if so where did you put it?.. one of the parts sites sugests under the passenger seat.. do you know if a plug exists there or if you have to run the cable from the back of the head unit and if so is it possbile to get to the back of the head unit without major dash dismantling?:confused:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Alpine CHM-S611 in Pilot Installation

PILOTHEAD said:
Has anyone installed one of these yet? if so where did you put it?.. one of the parts sites sugests under the passenger seat.. do you know if a plug exists there or if you have to run the cable from the back of the head unit and if so is it possbile to get to the back of the head unit without major dash dismantling?:confused:
The Honda (Alpine) CD changer mounts underneath the driver's seat. I'm not sure if the brackets are the same on the passenger's side, but I'm sure something could be worked out, although it might be a little more difficult to reach under the passenger's seat from the driver's seat, than it would be under the driver's seat.

Here are the Honda CD changer installation instructions, that will show you how to remove the trim pieces and remove the head unit. They recommend that you use a screwdriver wrapped in a towel, but I would urge you to be very careful, or you WILL gouge/knick the surrounding plastic. I found the plastic to be very soft, and knicked up a couple of the pieces in my attempt.

http://www.handaaccessories.com/pilot/c dchanger.pdf

I've installed the Alpine changer before in my '94 Civic and didn't have any problems, but I found that removing the trim in the Pilot was difficult, if not impossible. I opted to have the changer installed by the dealer on Wednesday. I'd rather pay them than knock up the dash trim any more than I already have.

Good luck with your install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone been able to install the HONIL adapter with an Alpine CHM-S611 to a 2004 Honda Pilot LX ?

I've been looking around, and could not get on the http://www.peripheral-aamp.com/peri...acura_honda.htm web site link, but looking around in other places, I've only found information that the HONIL won't work and that there is a small chance that the >HON98/PC-*** will work (from www.adapter.com), but they do not offer any warranty as to whether the adapter will work. From that website also, I find the connector that goes to the CD Changer to be the wrong one

Help anyone?

thanks
:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts