Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 6 CD changer is listed for $250 at Circuit City.com. How does this compare to the CD-changer that the dealer installs. Is it worthwhile to spend that extra couple a hundred bucks and get it from the dealer ?

·
Registered
919 Posts
You'll want to make sure to get a cable adapter and a mounting kit if you get the Alpine. The changer sits in an elevated position under the drivers seat, and the mounting kit is designed to accommodate this. You could make your own brackes though.

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
after market TV install

We purchased a Pilot back in June and decided to put in an after market video system. We chose one of the AudioVox systems that was ceiling mounted. An earlier question that was posted was on possible visibility problems when the screen is down. The screen does block partial view of the rear view mirror, but I found that I got used to just moving my head a little to "look around" the screen through the back mirror. Not that big of deal.

We chose to get the 6.8 inch screen that has the TV tuner imbedded. Optional external antenna was installed/integrated into the top edge of the windshield. DVD player mounted under driver's seat, VCR mounted under passenger seat. FM modulator added for pumping sound through stereo. (HINT - to minimize any "background" whining, reduce treble a bit and sound is great!) Also have two wireless headsets. The only thing I'm waiting on is to have my child get a little older so that I can have the excuse to wire a video game system into the whole thing!

Very much recommend those who are looking at video systems to do it aftermarket. While the factory installed is only a DVD system ($1,500), this entire system was only $1,700 for adding the VCR and TV portion. We really like the VCR, because most of the kid cartoon shows are on tape at this point. The TV works well in that it can "autoscan" all channels in 10-20 seconds to give you just those that have local reception for that area.

The one remark I got from the folks at Circuit City that did the install (it was the first Pilot they had ever seen - back in June), was that they couldn't believe that a DVD player would fit under the driver's seat (because of the power seat equipment) and a VCR would fit under the passenger seat. They said it was like Honda engineered it that way!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts