Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Aloha

7K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  HwnCoPilot 
#1 ·
ALOHA,
just joined the group, live in Oahu. Have not recieved my Pilot yet, but should be getting it in a couple of days.

Will for sure post some picks from the first weekend drive around the Island!:2:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
i wish i was in Vegas right now!:18: i got this pic from the honda website. and yes i did check out the gallery, wow did you see the guy who put 22" wheels on?

#4 ·
Aloha Sagepearl!

Welcome aboard! It was hard to see Pilots here in Oahu. Now they are everywhere! I don't know where you got yours from but I hope they didn't rip you off with this (Market price) in the island!

Alex :1:

#5 ·
BMWRT said:
Aloha Sagepearl!

Welcome aboard! It was hard to see Pilots here in Oahu. Now they are everywhere! I don't know where you got yours from but I hope they didn't rip you off with this (Market price) in the island!

Alex :1:
I know what you mean. these guys are in cahoots! I will be getting mine from Windward Honda. I got it at $500 off msrp. My car is still on the water, should be here I hope this week.:cool:

#6 ·
sagepearl said:

I know what you mean. these guys are in cahoots! I will be getting mine from Windward Honda. I got it at $500 off msrp. My car is still on the water, should be here I hope this week.:cool:
Aloha, my wife and I have been in Kauai north shore for the past 8 months, and we're getting ready to move back to California.

We were toying with the idea of buying our Pilot here and shipping it back when we returned, but the dealer wanted 5,000 OVER msrp. We were able to find one in the bay area for 1,500 below. The difference is 6500.00..

Let me know how you like it.

I'm looking forward to picking up my Pilot, but not looking forward to leaving this beautiful land.

Mahalo.

#7 ·
jcarr
I paid $500 over msrp in July 02 and I thought it was a lot. Don't pay this stupid price. You better off waiting until you move to California or buy here in Oahu. I would recommend Tony Honda and ask for Marco. Windward could only come down to $1000 over msrp @ that time. I don't know how.
Good luck and I can guarantee you are going to love this car! Rides very nice....:29:

#9 ·
WOW! Is this on the big Island?
I was shopping in Honolulu and notice they were selling snowboards and things, now I see why. You never hear about this, thanks for posting!:4:

#10 ·
74PILOTMOM said:
WOW! Is this on the big Island?
I was shopping in Honolulu and notice they were selling snowboards and things, now I see why. You never hear about this, thanks for posting!:4:
Mauna Kea is on the big island, what i was told when i was in Oahu was the sking is mostly on the big island, but i believe there is snow also on Maui on the volcano (i'm gelling on the name), saw some when we were there during December, but not enough to ski on, or so i think.

#11 ·
PNW-Pilot said:

Mauna Kea is on the big island, what i was told when i was in Oahu was the sking is mostly on the big island, but i believe there is snow also on Maui on the volcano (i'm gelling on the name), saw some when we were there during December, but not enough to ski on, or so i think.
Are you talking about Haleakala volcano?

#12 ·
john802 said:

Are you talking about Haleakala volcano?
That sounds about right, you think you'd remember the mountain/volcano's name after riding a mountain bike with 3 sets of drakes on it over 70+mph.

#13 ·
The picture above was taken this past weekend after a winter storm. About a foot of snow at its deepest. Mauna Kea (white mountain) is the largest mountain on earth when measured from the seafloor. This shot is taken from Hilo Bay on the Big Island.

In my younger days, we would head up to the summit of Mauna Kea in the early morning to play in the snow, then drive down to the coast to spend the afternoon on the beach in balmy weather. The best of both worlds!

#16 ·
My cousin who own a new '05 Honda Pilot EXL- RES live in kahaluu. I don't know if he is a member of h-p.org.

#17 ·
BMWRT said:
Supo
You are right! The # of Pilots in Hawaii are growing. I live in Kailua and just on my street there is tree Silver Pilots including mine.
I'll bet I saw you then...Kailua is a destination for me, I love the more laidback, less touristy beaches there, and just doing the beautiful perimeter drive. While in Kailua I spotted 2 different silvers back in June. I also saw a sandstone with the sea turtle stickers in the window parked at the Ilikai in Honolulu. I stopped at the dealership where an obviously new salesguy tried to tell me that Pilots are hard to sell, and that the new SUT was going to have no name except SUT. Hmmm. Pflueger Honda I think was the place. Of course nice people, but not too educated. I felt like I was teaching HIM. Thanks to this site we could train the salespeople!
I can't wait to get back over there again. Is there a place that rents out Pilots? I always get stuck in some crappy domestic car.

#18 ·
hope you liked your visit. And yes that Honda dealer is not one of the better ones here on Oahu.

#19 ·
Pilotmom

My Pilot has a turtle on the back too but its not sandstone. Pflueger is a rip off. They wanted $5.000 over msrp when I bought it. I told them I couldn't afford to pay their mortgage. As far as I know there is no place to rent Pilots yet. And next time you come over, drop us a line. My wife and I prefer Lanikai beach. Kailua beach is a little too crowded for us.:1:

#20 ·
Glad to see some familiar names still visiting this forum. There were only a handful of Pilots in Hilo when I got mine in Jan 2003, and now there is a flurry of them all over town.

I still have Borg's sticker on mine and hope other Pilot owners notice and visit this forum. A classmate just bought a 2004 SS and I told him about this forum. He fell in love with the Pilot after taking a look at ours (he was a former Exploder owner).

Aloha

#21 ·
BMWRT said:
Pilotmom

My Pilot has a turtle on the back too but its not sandstone. Pflueger is a rip off. They wanted $5.000 over msrp when I bought it. I told them I couldn't afford to pay their mortgage. As far as I know there is no place to rent Pilots yet. And next time you come over, drop us a line. My wife and I prefer Lanikai beach. Kailua beach is a little too crowded for us.:1:
Haha, I guess that's a tourist's take on the beaches, since I mostly hung around Hilton and Waikiki beaches. I loved the south eastern shores, but the locals looked less that pleased with tourists being there. When I'm lucky enough to get back over there, we'll have to meet up! A hawaiian meet and greet, what photos we could post :4:

#23 ·
Congrats and welcome! We'd love to see some pics of your Pilot with that beautiful Hawaiian landscape behind it.

:needpics:

#24 ·
HwnCoPilot said:
Howzit to the group! Just picked up a 2006 Pilot on 12/31/2005. So far its a killer vehicle on a great deal!
Congrats and welcome to h-p.org!

#26 ·
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! As those in Hawaii know, since New Years it has been cloudy and overcast so no photos yet. In fact, I have not even taken it out of the garage since we got it as I didnt want it hit by fireworks and then the wet roads the past few days. Is that too much??? hehe. Oh well, I guess I will have to take it out someday...

Till then it looks great, smells great and Stereo/DVD is a nice toy. I think tomorrow I will go out and find some door speakers to replace the OEM paper cones. Mahalo again for the shout outs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.