Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was pouring on I-695 and I was on the outside lane doing about 60 mph. A jerk took an exit in front of me suddenly changed his mind and wanted to get back to the highway without fully observe whether the lane was occupied. If I wasn't sure that the middle lane had no car beside me I would have no choice but hit him. I brake, horn, change lane all in about just a second. The car's tail did swing a little but I was in full control, and all four wheel are on the ground.

I know a lot of Pilot owner does not like the goodyear tire. However, I have to say that their performance realy impressed me. Well, that is not possible if the Pilot is not ingeniously designed. Thanks for it width, I am pretty sure it saved me from a rollover.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Aerostar45,

Glad to hear your near miss was nothing more. Was it raining or were the roads wet when this happened? It rained down here in the DC area all weekend, so I was just wondering if those Goodyears came through on wet pavement?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK, aerostar45!!

Sounds like a pretty close call!! Isn't sharing the road with idiots FUN!!!!! :3:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Glad to hear you and the Pilot handled the situation without incident. Bet your nerves were frayed though. :13:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
The old "Maryland Merge"

Well there is was no reason to look when he first got on the Beltway, why should he look to get back on.

When I lived there I remember people would start at the entrance ramp and head strait for the left lane, usually without looking!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! kompers, Rainbowslim, sage, N_jay

Rainbowslim,

It was raining and the splashing water from other cars are enormous.

The sign on I-695 outer loop at exit I-95 is pretty confusing with the route 1 exit. I guess the guy is not familier with that exit.

Sage,

You are right. I was so pissed off I almost want to stop and beat that guy, if possible. It was the second time that day on my way back from upper New York. I didn't blame the first one too much cause the visibility was poor and he/she step on the divided line when I was passing.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Aerostar...

Love the new avatar. Didn't get it until I read this post... :4:
I know THAT feeling! :3:

Glad you got your VIN posted too... :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh!

I didn't know how to choose an avatar until I read your post. Thanks alot! You are almost a mentor to all new member in this forum.

I like the image cause it has some "bad" feelings. :D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Yeh!

aerostar45 said:
I didn't know how to choose an avatar until I read your post. Thanks alot! You are almost a mentor to all new member in this forum.

I like the image cause it has some "bad" feelings. :D
Thanks, aerostar.... :)
There are so many helpful and knowledgable people here. I'm glad I can help a bit. ;)

·
Registered
698 Posts
THAT is the scariest Thread Header I've read.

I am neurotic about my Pilot. I am not sure what I would do if someone hit it.

Glad you're okay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts