Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

Registered
Sorry to see that happen! On a side note, why did you let the dealer brand your car?! :(
I'm with you on branding. I never let them brand my car. When asked why by people my answer is simple...they're not paying me for it! Plus it's just ugly, takes away from the vehicle. No one understands why I'm so happy about not having that dealer label. LoL

Registered
My 2016 Pilot EX-L wheels stolen overnight first week of March... had only 1700 miles on it. It was parked outside our apartment.
Front wheel discs were touching the ground as the crates got crushed slowly while waiting for wheels on back order (for close to 10 days)... Did not have wheel locks :crying::crying::crying:

Reported to police, filed claim with insurance.
Since upgraded to 20" wheels.... and got wheel locks...

My wife tells me the car is pulling to the side when driving
Still have to get the front under-body checked for damage and fixed :frown:

Is there a way to add on tilt sensor or motion sensor to OEM car alarm on 2016 Pilots?

Thanks all 馃槃
That's pretty bad. Where do you live? I grew up in the ghetto and have seen this a few times, but I'm guessing you're not in the ghetto. Not sure how no one saw this happening. Sorry this happened. Anyone who does this is a POS!

Registered
Door locks are not so easy to bypass by someone with the skills of a 10 year old. Wheel locks are also a misnomer, they are really only just keyed lugnuts. Been there, done that, no use for them except perhaps in high crime inner-city ghettos.
Well, I use both of them whatever you choose to call either or both. As far as I am concerned, both are locks - an additional layer of security. Whoever can break your door lock, 10 year old or 80, can also break your wheel lock. But I won鈥檛 leave my door without a lock neither will I leave my wheels without a lock irrespective of the neighborhood. It鈥檚 a vehicle - it moves around. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
A regular lug nut can be taken off very quickly and very quietly. I have done it a lot of times. The moment you need to hammer something on, that 'quietly' part no longer applies. Same goes for a burglar - breaking a window can be a lot easier than fiddling open a lock, but it is quite hard to do without drawing attention. And car alarms can incorporate impact sensors.

One can also go with locks that don't allow enough room to hammer anything over them. But then you better make sure to order a spare key right away and keep it at home.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts