Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Pilot EX-L wheels stolen overnight first week of March... had only 1700 miles on it. It was parked outside our apartment.
Front wheel discs were touching the ground as the crates got crushed slowly while waiting for wheels on back order (for close to 10 days)... Did not have wheel locks :crying::crying::crying:

Reported to police, filed claim with insurance.
Since upgraded to 20" wheels.... and got wheel locks...

My wife tells me the car is pulling to the side when driving
Still have to get the front under-body checked for damage and fixed :frown:

Is there a way to add on tilt sensor or motion sensor to OEM car alarm on 2016 Pilots?

Thanks all :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Too painful to watch.

There are dash cams that activates with motion detection. If you are worried about your wheels getting stolen again, wheel locks should be sufficient.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry to see that happen! On a side note, why did you let the dealer brand your car?! :(
On your side note, I have never understood why someone spends lots of money on a vehicle and then let the dealer have free advertising courtesy of the person they sold the car too. I guess folks just don't care. Most of the cars I see in my area have the dealer sticker on them. I have never bought a vehicle where I let the dealer get away with that. I just tell them upfront there is to be no dealer stickers on my new vehicle and they always say no problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's sad to see. I have 2 set of different locks on each wheel
Thanks everyone, it was brutal. I was considering this, I currently have Honda Locks and will most probably get Gorilla
X2's

I had wheel locks on a 2010 Accord EX-L trim, failed to notice Pilot did not, I'm told the dealer makes that call.

The dealer sticker as well, I could have refused it but was not asked.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks everyone, it was brutal. I was considering this, I currently have Honda Locks and will most probably get Gorilla
X2's

The dealer sticker as well, I could have refused it but was not asked.
Do these fit the pilot? I have the honda wheel locks but now I'm considering adding a second set.

I'm also interested in knowing if anyone's added an after-market alarm to their car. Do you have to carry a second key fob?

Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is insane. it hurts watching this. Sorry this happened to you. if they got away with all 4 the stock alarm never went off?

by the way don't be surprise to go to your local junk yard garage sale and find a set of 4 wheels for your vehicle that you will have to buy back.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ouch... i get so angry when I see this, used to happen near my old apartment alot. This Toyota Venza had wheels stolen twice. Wheel locks help, but they don't stop the theft of wheels, though it'll stop the amateurs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Where in MA did this happen? I read that in Quincy this is a big problem. Oh, and those dealership decals peel right off and the license plate frame comes off also. No free advertising from me either. ;-)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where in MA did this happen? I read that in Quincy this is a big problem. Oh, and those dealership decals peel right off and the license plate frame comes off also. No free advertising from me either. ;-)
This was near Worcester.

You have to peel them off as soon as you get the car. Even a few days later and it'll take a heat gun, and possibly plastic razor blades. They're meant to stay on forever and they can be a complete nightmare the longer you wait.
I might have waited too long... had the car since Aug 2015.

The dealership near me had wheel from 10 cars stolen in a single night... There are such stories on the internet this one had 180 stolen Link

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry to hear that. But one thing I notice is that the rotors are getting rust. for 1700 miles that's a lot of rust. I also see some grease or oil on your second pictures. The CV boot may have some tear or leak. Needs to get the dealer to check out. This may also be the reason the car pull to the side.

·
Registered
511 Posts
You have to peel them off as soon as you get the car. Even a few days later and it'll take a heat gun, and possibly plastic razor blades. They're meant to stay on forever and they can be a complete nightmare the longer you wait.
I used fishing line

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Ouch. Who knows where the jacks were placed, so inspection and alignment is essential. At least they didn't kick it off the jacks. Jerks will total a vehicle for wheels they might sell for a few hundred bucks. 😡

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry to hear that. But one thing I notice is that the rotors are getting rust. for 1700 miles that's a lot of rust. I also see some grease or oil on your second pictures. The CV boot may have some tear or leak. Needs to get the dealer to check out. This may also be the reason the car pull to the side.
that happens to rotors after a rain

1 - 20 of 84 Posts