Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that it is snowing again.....Do you put your all weather mats over the regular carpeted floor mats, or remove the rug mats and put the rubber ones right on the floor? Does anyone just keep the all weather ones in all the time to keep the car cleaner?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Take out the carpet mats first.

I leave mine in all the time. They will hold up better over time than the carpet mats.

Do a search on "All Weather Mats". There are quite a few threads with lots of good info.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
I had the Honda floormats in for a few days and switched them out with a pair of $20 mats from Wal-Mart......I have had the same kind of mats in my Grand Prix for about 3 years now with no problems at all. They are great all-weather mats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Honda ones in the front and middle but was surprised the set didn't come with one for the third seat floor area. I bought one from Wal-Mart for that. I wondered about putting the all weather over the carpet mats....if it would hurt them in some way. It sure would be easier not to have to find a safe storage place where I'll remember where I put them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Just a note: If you put the all-weather mats on top of the regular mats then you won't be able to "hook" both sets of mats down to the floor. Don't know if that makes a difference to you or not. As for me I took my regular mats out. I may put them back in during the summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
Rainbowslim said:
Just a note: If you put the all-weather mats on top of the regular mats then you won't be able to "hook" both sets of mats down to the floor. Don't know if that makes a difference to you or not. As for me I took my regular mats out. I may put them back in during the summer.
Mud happens all year round (well atleast with kids it does) (OK< my wife would include me with the kids in the mug discussion)

I take the factory mats out to keep for the day the Pilot gets sold (in 7 to 10 years).
Then I make a set of mats using rubber backed door mats (The type with the ripped carpet omn a solid rubber back)
I usually have to do some cutting to make them fit but on the Pilot 2'x3" fit perfect in the front)
This covers the carpet, and up the sides a bit, and the dredded Dead Pedle.
I put the Honda alweater mats over these to make them look better and catch any spills (Kids, what can you do?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Keep mine on all the time... you never know what the weather will be like now-a-days!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
I think the all weather mats are nice with the Pilot logo and all. But, the dead pedal area is really getting fouled up in bad weather. Here in DC we had a really bad snow season (for us) and the salt and snow mess got all over the carpet and dead pedal area and soaked in below the mat a bit. I'm thinking about getting a Taget all season mat for the driver side for next year. Although, we probably won't have another snowy winter here for five years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Mkell said:
I think the all weather mats are nice with the Pilot logo and all. But, the dead pedal area is really getting fouled up in bad weather. Here in DC we had a really bad snow season (for us) and the salt and snow mess got all over the carpet and dead pedal area and soaked in below the mat a bit. I'm thinking about getting a Taget all season mat for the driver side for next year. Although, we probably won't have another snowy winter here for five years.
I hadn't even looked under my all weather mats since I put them in. My dead pedal area is getting fouled up too, but I wasn't going to worry about it until the spring. Guess I should at least look underneath the mat to make sure no water is accumulating with no where to go. Thanks for the tip Mkell.

As for the DC weather: It was cloudy, dark and snowing when I left work today. No more than a few miles from my job it's sunny! When I get home and turn on the news - Bob Ryan is off and they've got the backup weather guy in. Guess reading that Doppler radar must be hard work....:(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Mats again!

Bump

Here we are near the end of August and I STILL have not removed my all-weather mats! Saves wear and tear on the carpet mats I figure.

Anyone else left their mats in since day one?

:8:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,838 Posts
I really have to spring for the all weather mats. I'd prefer to get just one driver's side carpet mat in black or dark grey because the original one is getting to the point where it's not coming clean with a regular vacuuming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
602 Posts
I replaced my OEM carpeted mats with OEM all weather mats after owning the Pilot for just one week. I was surprised how poorly the carpeted mats were holding up. Very poor quality in my estimation. So, needless to say, I leave my all weather mats in all the time. The carpeted mats are stored underneath my bed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,113 Posts
guitarman said:
I replaced my OEM carpeted mats with OEM all weather mats after owning the Pilot for just one week. I was surprised how poorly the carpeted mats were holding up. Very poor quality in my estimation. So, needless to say, I leave my all weather mats in all the time. The carpeted mats are stored underneath my bed.
My carpeted mats are in the floor of the guest bedroom closet.:noteef:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top