Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having used the Honda all weather mats (do they only come in black?) for a couple of weeks, and still having my left foot getting the carpet dirty, I decided that I prefer the look and feel of gray carpet in my Silver Pilot. And at least for the driver the all weather mats won't protect enough, so I'll be cleaning the carpet anyway. I may change my opinion when winter hits, but for now, it's back to the carpet mats.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
What I did

Get one of those 2"x3" door mats.
I like the industrial carpet type with the rubber backing and rubber edge.
Place it inder the floor mat, either standard or all weather.
It takes bit of trimming with a utility knike, and a few hole where the pins are in front of the seats, but it will cover everything you could acidently get dirty.
The factory mat on top will keep it nice and neatly in place.

·
Registered
698 Posts
jay said:
And at least for the driver the all weather mats won't protect enough, so I'll be cleaning the carpet anyway. I may change my opinion when winter hits, but for now, it's back to the carpet mats.
Word to the wise -- Scotchgard everything made of cloth in your vehicle; headliner, carpet, seats (if cloth). If you DO happen to have an accident of some sort, the Scotchgard helps immensely! I coated my entire Accord the moment I brought her home. Areas with more wear, such as the carpet under the driver's feet, got soaked even more and after five years, the carpet in the Accord looks brand new!

:)

Feeling like Heloise...
copperpoppy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts