Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions for 2007 Honda Pilot, planning to replace 2 tires since other 2 are in excellent condition. Any ongoing specials or upcoming ones?

Not looking to spend too much, because planning to replace all 4 as a set upon next replacement.

Vehicle is used locally and not a daily driver either, thank you

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,588 Posts
How soon will the other ones need replacing?
If it’s truly not that long I’d get the cheapest tires you can find.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Looking for suggestions for 2007 Honda Pilot, planning to replace 2 tires since other 2 are in excellent condition. Any ongoing specials or upcoming ones?

Not looking to spend too much, because planning to replace all 4 as a set upon next replacement.
Is this Pilot FWD? This could explain why only two tires need replacing or suspension is worn or alignment is overdue.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts

Vehicle is used locally and not a daily driver either, thank you
Were the answers you got in the following thread in some way insufficient?
Continental Tires

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
The Kumhos if you're north of the Mason-Dixon Line, the Otanis (or Ohtsu/Falken/Sumitomo) if you don't plan on seeing snow.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Why an all-terrain tire instead of a highway/on-road/all-season tire, such as the Otani SA1000?
Simple Tire has the SA1000 for $94, with free 3-day shipping.
They also have the Ohtsu/Falken/Sumitomo ST5000 for $91.
SA1000 is a SL with a max inflation of 44psi. If your not towing, it's a good tire. Got a set of these on a Hyundai Accent and there holding up very well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is an AWD and PO replaced rear two while back, while front two were done recently and that is why rear ones are needing a replacement, not immediate one but planning to start the shopping :)

Continental means I'll have two rear ones different than front ones(Mesa AP/2).

I appreciate all the advise, everyone. Thank you

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,188 Posts
Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Not the Sumitomos?
Well ya, that's my preference.
But unfortunately High Performance Sumitomo HTR A/S P03s don't come in a 235 70R16 for a 1st gen Pilot. 😥

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Does Honda say that you need a particular/different type of tire if you're towing?
I know what I prefer when towing. I like to add a few more lbs in the back tires to keep the sidewalls off the ground. But the Otani SA1000 All Season (not touring tires) may be just fine. I know my Otani RK1000s Load range E tires do great loaded down. Just got a 2nd set. 😁 No Pilot sizes 😥

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
What kind and weight of trailer do you tow with your Pilot?
I have several small trailers, nothing I tow loads the Pilot down excessively. I'm more prone to pack in 800Lbs inside the Pilot, hence my dislike of squishy touring tires. I need a tire with a stronger sidewall.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Thank you, how much is the mileage warranty or rating?
There is no tread life warranty.
We got 22k miles on the set on the Hyundai. Still have lots of tread. They ballanced very well using a minimal amount of weights. I expect at least 60k.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts