Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a set of Honda All-Season Floor Mats. Does it include the 2nd & 3rd rows mats? How's the quality?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I purchased the Honda Pilot OEM All Season Floor Mats. I have them stored on a shelf in the basement until I need them later this year (Winter driving in the Midwest). You get 2 mats for the front and a 1 piece mat for the second row seat. I believe they are made from a rubber like material, black in color with a PILOT logo on them.

I'm sure there are after-market mats available, however I have no complaints about the fit, quality or appearance of these. I'm satisfied with my purchase.

I also purchased the cargo tray, rear spash guards, cargo cover and locking lug nuts. As with the floor mats, I have no complaints.

Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I use them all the time.
Kids spill stuff even in the summer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
All season floor mats

We bought ours at the time of delivery and they've only come out for cleaning since. We went with the mats and the cargo tray (which all match) and with two toddlers, they have already "saved" the carpet mats at least a half dozen times. We've never had anything but the carpet mats in other cars and now we may never go back. As I told my wife, the only time these mats are coming out is if I go to pick up my boss at the airport or something. I would reccomend the all season mats for year-round driving.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Have them in the front of my Accord year round and they are great. Not as heavy duty as the MacNeil products, but a more custom fit. Have the Pilot mats on order from Tim at HondaAcuraWorld. Will keep them in the Pilot year round for both the toddler and the year round rainy weather.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Querstion

Did you remove the carpet mats when you put in the all weather mats?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Re: Querstion

N_Jay said:
Did you remove the carpet mats when you put in the all weather mats?
To answer the "Querstion", for the Accord I started out with them on top of the mats. No problem, although they recommend you remove the carpet mats in order to minimize interference with the gas pedal. Will remove the mats on my Pilot. Helped the resale on my Jeep when I put the brand new carpet mats back in.

·
Registered
262 Posts
WeatherTech

Has anyone compared WeatherTech® All Season matts
to the OEM Honda ones. The price is about the
same. I wonder about the quality. WeatherTech
has a very good reputation...

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Hey, I type bad, so what

Actually I hunt and peck, rather than type.

I found that a 2'x3' door mat works great under the all weather mat to protect the dead peddle, and any other carpeted areas you might acidently put your feet against.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hey N_Jay, just having fun. I can type, but can't spell.

As for the WeatherTech, that is what I had in my Jeep. Think they are made by MacNeil. Great product. Actually liked it better than the Honda mats in my Accord. Holds a quart of water or something like that. Very durable! Just do not think they will have the same fit as the OEM mats for the Pilot. Decided to order the Honda mats to be safe. Snagged the rear mats from my Jeep to reuse if needed.

As for the cargo mat, will let you know. Thought the WeatherTech one was flimsy. Came rolled up for the Jeep and had about a 3" lip all around. Kind of bent funny along the seat back and by the handle on the hatch door. Also ordered the Honda mat and hope it will be of better quality. The WeatherTech rear cargo mat was plastic vs. the rubber material of the floor mats.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
MacNeil

I know lots of people that are very happy with MacNeil products.
I am not sure how "fitted" or "Custom" the mats for the Pilot are.
The part number is W4. If you look at the highly custoimized mats, the numbers are usually much higher.
I am guessing that for now they are offering a faily standard mat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for your opinions. I probably will buy the Honda mats for their custom fit.

·
Registered
143 Posts
All season floor mats

Just ordered mine. I was going to wait a few more months, but why bother. My older all seasons don't quite fit the new Pilot, and the salt and snow melt will be here soon.

I shopped the net. From what I've seen, Hondacuraworld has the best price when you include shipping and handling charges. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yeah, I'm waiting for Tim to post a monthly special on the all-weather mats before I order. Plus, I'm out of discretionary money after the new tires and XM radio.
:(

·
Registered
46 Posts
OK can someone post a picture of the all weather mats installed. I have owned the McNeil mats in the past and did not like the added height they gave. If the Honda mats are like my cargo mat I will order a set.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You can find pictures on acuramdx.org if you
search for weathertech.
Question to those who have Honda matts -- what
have you done to cover the "dead" pedal space?
I know some mentioned cutting a piece from
a different matt. Has anyone done that? How
did it work? Any tips, pictures?

·
Registered
920 Posts
As far as the dead pedal goes, you can take an old black mat and put velcro on the dead pedal and the mats itself to secure it... works pretty slick.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
What I did

The All Weather Mats replace, rather than cover the standard mats.
I used a 2' x 3' rubber backed door mat under the all weather mats.
The type with the 1" rubber boarder and industrial carpeting seems to work best.
These are available many places. I found the light gray matches the gray interior very well.
You have to play with these a bit to get them to lay evenly between the side and center of the car, but once you get them in place they stay nicely.
When you are happy with the positioning, cut two small holes for the pins on the floor to come through. Laying the all weather mats (or the factory carpet mats) on top of them will hold them down and help shape them to the floor.

I did this on both the drivers and passenger side. The passenger is not as critical, buty I did notice that I sometimes put my feet past the edge of the factory matts, and onto the carpet.

On my CR-V I found I had to make a few small cuts in the mat to get it to lay smoothly over some of the curves in the cloor. The Pilot did not have this issue.

I am going to do the same for the back seat floor, but can't find a 2' x 6' mat. I may use 2 - 2' x 3' together

1 - 20 of 78 Posts