Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My first and last post.

At 386,000k I have decided to put my 2005 to rest. I've nursed it along for many wonderful experiences with my kids on vacations, towing the boat to 1000 Islands and Lake George, and endless road trips. It's really hard to say goodbye.
Original Transmission and Engine linkage are incredibly intact. But with a cracked firewall, rack and pinion replacement, and huge power steering leaks, it's simply time.

I jumped to the other side and bought a Santa Fe and while it can't hold a candle to the Pilot in the feeling of owning the road, it's a lovely car. Wish I could have afforded a new Pilot but...

I will continue to get my Pilot fix vicariously.

cyprod
Rockland County, NY

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
386k. Amazing job!

Reactions: ConrodM

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Sorry to see you go, neighbor. She served you well and should be decommissioned with full honors.

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
If I were done with it, I'd drive it to the nearest Copart for auction. Just take the title. Might be surprised by what it sells for. Last I checked, it cost $85 + 2% of the sale price.

Reactions: ConrodM

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hello All,

My first and last post.

At 386,000k I have decided to put my 2005 to rest. I've nursed it along for many wonderful experiences with my kids on vacations, towing the boat to 1000 Islands and Lake George, and endless road trips. It's really hard to say goodbye.
Original Transmission and Engine linkage are incredibly intact. But with a cracked firewall, rack and pinion replacement, and huge power steering leaks, it's simply time.

I jumped to the other side and bought a Santa Fe and while it can't hold a candle to the Pilot in the feeling of owning the road, it's a lovely car. Wish I could have afforded a new Pilot but...

I will continue to get my Pilot fix vicariously.

cyprod
Rockland County, NY
386k! Wow! Nice going!
I hear this tune playing in the background ... "the circle of life ......" Hakunamatata!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Your the man! 386K is nothing to sneeze at.. Congrats!! I remember Hyundai when they came out in the 80's my friend bought a Exel or ponyo_O such a crap wagon...I guess they got over the hump. Nice that you have such good memories, sounds like allot of long trips without breaking down. Not like FORD - Found On Road Dead and Fix Or Repair Daily..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts