Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 EXL AWD. I turned off my media screen display today and when I came back, started the car and tried to turn it back on everything was dead. Black screen, the climate control readout is also blank along with the rear climate control displays. Also the power outlets are all dead. Any ideas? I have tried disconnecting battery for 30 minutes.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
You mention that the display backlighting and the power outlets are dead. Do any of the other dash actual functions work? Like the radio?

There are interlock relays for various accessory functions that limit the amount of current drain available during starter cranking. Then there are branches to each protected function. The "protection" starts at the ACC CUT RELAY and IG2 CUT RELAY, continues from there.

Fuse 35 in the under-dash fuse panel is the common protection to all four accessory power outlet relays. This and the ACC CUT RELAY are common failure points for those power outlets. The ACC contact in the ignition switch is the other point, but there would be a lot more stuff not working. Test for battery voltage at pin 1 in the ACC CUT RELAY socket with key in ACC position (I) and RUN position (II) to test the ignition switch function.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
I am no help, but,

I love the Avatar!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts