Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd contribute for the first time after getting so much help from others on all the car forums. Hope this can help somebody. If you ever start your Pilot and find the speedometer and all other dash gauges stay at zero and all dash lights stay on (warning lights, cruise lights, everything) and your A/C doesn't work, just disconnect the negative cable to the battery for a minute then reconnect to get things back to normal.

When I got home a Google search revealed others have fix similar problems by pulling the 10 amp backup fuse, then reinserting.

I have no idea what caused it but it followed a period of heavy rain.

2012 Honda Pilot EX 4WD
80,000 miles

·
Registered
11,410 Posts
Thought I'd contribute for the first time after getting so much help from others on all the car forums. Hope this can help somebody. If you ever start your Pilot and find the speedometer and all other dash gauges stay at zero and all dash lights stay on (warning lights, cruise lights, everything) and your A/C doesn't work, just disconnect the negative cable to the battery for a minute then reconnect to get things back to normal.

When I got home a Google search revealed others have fix similar problems by pulling the 10 amp backup fuse, then reinserting.

I have no idea what caused it but it followed a period of heavy rain.

2012 Honda Pilot EX 4WD
80,000 miles
That's rather interesting to happen on a 2012. You might check all 3 ground cables. Particularly the negative battery terminal cable to the chassis. Unbolt and clean contact points. Replace cable if corrosion has ruined it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts