Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anybody try this. Sit inside, arm the alarm, make sure the little LED on the driver window is blinking. Now try unlock it manually by hand and open the door. I assume the alarm will go off no matter which door I open. Well, the alarm only go off when I open the driver door, but not the other 3 doors.

Is is supposed to be like this?

Odie

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
no ... it's supposed to be all four doors.

·
Registered
592 Posts
should be 'all five doors' including the trunk. Thats how it is in my Accord. Haven't confirmed in the Pilot yet. Will try and let you know.

PrG said:
no ... it's supposed to be all four doors.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I tried the alarm on my EX-L last night... Allowing time for the system to arm, the alarm activates as soon as the door lock is unlocked on either of the four side doors. It is not even necessary to open the door.

I couldn't figure out how to test the rear door since the door needs to be unlocked with the system (either the key fob or the electric door lock button on one of the front doors) before it can be opened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot JohnK, always somebody clever enough to figure out a mystery! Yes, it take about 15 sec to arm the alarm, not like Accord that arm right away after I press the button.

I am a little bit impatient when I tested it, always unlock the door in the first 5 sec.

Odie

JohnK said:
I tried the alarm on my EX-L last night... Allowing time for the system to arm, the alarm activates as soon as the door lock is unlocked on either of the four side doors. It is not even necessary to open the door.

I couldn't figure out how to test the rear door since the door needs to be unlocked with the system (either the key fob or the electric door lock button on one of the front doors) before it can be opened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts