Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My fellow Piloteers, like many before me, the car alarm on my '05 Pilot was going off in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. A common fix is disconnecting the hood latch sensor as it is a very small, fine strip of metal that should make contact with the latch but can fail. The hood latch was not my problem and all the other doors seemed to be locked and secured correctly. I decided to remove the alarm all together, which was not too difficult...the problem is the starter was now disabled (another function of the alarm). After putting the alarm box back in the Pilot, my next move was to place it "Valet Mode" which essentially disables all alarm functions (except panic button), but I wasn't sure how to do it. My particular alarm is the Code Alarm CPLMM (see photos). Voxx International makes the Code Alarm (among other alarm systems) so I went to their website and sent a request for tech support. They emailed me both operator's manual and the installation manual (both are attached). They also gave me a number 1-800-645-4994 to call for help. Valet mode seems to be doing the trick and was easy to do. To get into valet mode, put the key in the ignition and go from position ON (II) to position ACCESSORY (I) three times quickly, the LED will begin to flash twice per second indicating the alarm is now in valet mode.

Just wanted to share my solution with the group, start a discussion and maybe help someone else having alarm problems. Happy Piloting!!

Code Alarm1.jpeg
Code Alarm2.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
Is this an aftermarket system you had installed yourself?

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Yeah Naw, looks like an aftermarket system to me.
So, now your alarm does not go off in the middle of the night.
Now you have no alarm?
Works for me.

Just kidding really, I hope you can get it figured out, and get your alarm functioning once again.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,821 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

When you removed the alarm system you would have needed to butt splice the starter wire on the factory harness back together since it gets chopped and jumpered when an alarm system is installed.

Other thing I have learned when removing alarm systems is to leave the T-Taps into the factory harness in place. The damage to the wiring and its insulation is done and removing the T-Tap will only make things worse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, it is an after market model but included from the dealership when we bought the car back in '05. The Voxx tech support rep did suggest splicing the starter wire to completely remove the system, but I thought that may be going a bit beyond my capability. I'm guessing the problem might be the "shock sensor" but not sure where to find or how to adjust/disable it.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,821 Posts
According to the installation manual the shock sensor is on-board (built into) in the unit and its settings are adjustable.

D258A502-CC67-4E59-80E6-8E23CE2FC787.png

Reactions: SwingLowe
1 - 6 of 6 Posts