Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took a call to Honda, who told me to call Roadside Assistance who offered to come tow the car(with me still inside??:confused: ) but couldn't offer any additional assistance. Said maybe to call the dealer. Called a sort of local dealer and talked to the service department who gave me a sequence to do to get out of my entrapment.

Before I became a hostage inside the unlocked yet security system set vehicle, afraid to make a run for it, the alarm was blaring with me able to move freely from inside to outside. I went so far as to consider taking out the car's battery, as if I even know what a battery looks like. The most logical place to have moved would have been well away from the feisty Pilot, yet I stayed with her in this most embarrising moment.

The service manager I called was very nice and before I hadn't decided which dealer I would use for service because none are particularly close to me. The one I called was very nice, so while I do have a malfunctioning alarm system, I did find a nice service department.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
my3kids said:
Called a sort of local dealer and talked to the service department who gave me a sequence to do to get out of my entrapment.
Maybe you should share that sequence so everyone can print it out and put it in their glove compartment, just in case... :eek:

·
Registered
204 Posts
WOW!
My ears started ringing as I read your post.

:2: :2:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Panic?

Locks not enabled but alarm blaring. Any chance the panic got tripped?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope...not the panic! The alarm started going off for no apparent reason. I put the key back into the ignition...still goes off. I turned the car on...still blarring. I tried locking the doors....wouldn't lock. I tried unlocking the doors....nothing changed. ...that didn't trip anything. Tried to push the panic button in hopes of revering something....didn't do anything. I opened the hood...still loudly blarring. Started car again...nothing. I had absolutely no control. Eventually it just stopped, with me in the car. At this point I'm on hold for a Honda technician to pick up the phone. I look at the doors.....security system is blinking, but all doors are unlocked. I know exactly what is going to happen if I open the door, so I'm stuck in the car. Too embarrassed to start the miserable sequence all over again.

Finally, the service manager told me to do this....and I hope I'm getting it in the right sequence.

Take keys out of ignition(they already were)
Lock car with the remote while inside the car
Put key in ignition and start the car
Turn off the car
Unlock car with remote and exit
Relock from outside the car with remote

That would only work after the alarm had finished its unbelievely loud sequence of honking. Prior to that, the engine wouldn't kill the alarm and the remote wouldn't operate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Could've come out from the window, hohoho

·
Registered
2 Posts
You don’t understand how much that just helped me. I was having a similar experience with my 04 and that sequence saved me. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Only one thing: the BCM has no way of knowing whether you are locking/unlocking the vehicle from the inside or outside. They just gave you a sequence which should reset the alarm and had you do it twice. There is nothing magic in that sequence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts