Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was waiting inside my 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L and put my key in ignition without turning on car. Car alarm system started blaring. My only car door lock is broken and I know that if I could turn the key in it, the alarm system would reset. Unfortunately, I CAN'T do this as the key won't go in at all - I just use the key fob. I was able to start car and drive home and alarm system stopped blaring, but when we opened the car door again to get out of the car, the alarm started sounding again. Will alarm system reset after hours of non-use or does anyone have an idea of how to get this to stop this until I can have the lock replaced? I don't think unplugging the battery worked when I had issue with alarm going off years ago.

·
Super Moderator
15,218 Posts
Been running into strange alarm issues with my 05. Going off for no reason. Its back home now but since I'm traveling wont be able to get to it. First time this happened, I drove to his college, left my CRV and drove it back. It had been raining heavily and as a result was very very damp on the inside. It just happened again.

So its time to check the two AC/Sunroof drains. Additionally, I told my son to get some baking soda boxes to dry out the interior. Car came home yesterday and seems fine. Can't wait to go under it to clear the drains......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was waiting inside my 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L and put my key in ignition without turning on car. Car alarm system started blaring. My only car door lock is broken and I know that if I could turn the key in it, the alarm system would reset. Unfortunately, I CAN'T do this as the key won't go in at all - I just use the key fob. I was able to start car and drive home and alarm system stopped blaring, but when we opened the car door again to get out of the car, the alarm started sounding again. Will alarm system reset after hours of non-use or does anyone have an idea of how to get this to stop this until I can have the lock replaced? I don't think unplugging the battery worked when I had issue with alarm going off years ago.
I also have been having the same issue with 06 pilot, it works to take the battery cable off, it'll make the alarm stop but will keep alarming when u plug back in. How can I shut the alarm off to like reset it though so the alarm stops going off Everytime I open my door and just leave it unlocked and not set the alarm anymore? My key key hole is broke on driver's side and alarm sounds Everytime I open the door I need to reset it and don't know how. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If the alarm beeps the horn you might try pulling the horn relay. Of course the horn then won’t work when you need it.
If the alarm utilizes a separate horn you could disconnect it.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Why was this thread moved to General discussions ? it clearly states 2006 honda pilot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts