Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2016 Pilot had an issue over 2 years ago where the alarm would go off intermittently. We would lock the car and anywhere from 5 to 20 mins later, the alarm would go off (no one nearby).
The dealer looked at it for 3 days and finally disabled a hood sensor. The issue stopped until a few weeks ago. Now it's doing it as much as 6 times a day, including a test where we locked it inside our garage. We are about to drop it off for another spell at the dealer, but wanted any ideas before we have to go through this again.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,237 Posts
Could be the liftgate sensor, if it's a problem like in 1st gens. I know, it's annoying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and found a long lasting solution. I have a 2016 pilot EXL and also experienced this problem very intermittently. I have installed a battery cut off switch so that when this happens I can cut off the battery at night as to not annoy the neighbors. But this is beyond frustrating. I will go months without having it happen and then out of the blue the alarm will start going off. I also see the dashboard lights going on and off as well as clicking sounds coming from the fuse box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately not. The dealer had ours for 3 days and couldn't figure it out either and of course it wouldn't do it while they had it. Now we just click the remote once to lock instead of twice to alarm.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
More often than not, from anecdotal Piloteer evidence, it's turned out to be the hood latch sensor. Easiest is to just disconnect it*.

*Unless you park in an area where dipstick theft is a problem. :)

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Any aftermarket alarm system or even remote starter or other add-on?

Might also check your relays.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts