Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things with my pilot ac vents

1. The dashboard adjustable vents (the big ones) pivot too easily and can move when driving over rough roads. Anyone else have this problem?

2. The second row vents (between the front seats) - the individual slats have already popped out of the frame. The pin points appear to have worn off very early (at less than 2k miles). I'm sure its a warranty item but it is annoying.
:mad:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Mine are fairly stiff and do not move with bumps ... I am fairly sure yours shouldn't either ...

PrG

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine are very loose too. I am looking for something to anti-lubricate them with. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Mine are very loose.
Was going to see if they could be replaced at first service.
If not, a bit of self adhesive felt inside the vent should do the trick.
Place it somewhere so it gently rubbs on the movable piece.

·
Registered
106 Posts
my second row vents have popped out as well(one slat anyway) But that could have been my 5 yr old kicking it with his sneakers....not sure!

·
Registered
592 Posts
no problem on ours so far.

My vote would be to get it fixed/replaced under warranty before trying out yourself ?

·
Registered
310 Posts
mine are loose

My ducts are loose, too. I would make the dealership fix them under warranty. Whoever gets this done first, please report on the repair process.

·
Registered
30 Posts
more air duct fin problems

The driver side rear air duct fins on my Pilot broke just a few weeks after I got the car. I saw a brand new Pilot at the dealer with the same problem. My dealer says the replacement part is on back order (it's been several weeks so far). Seems like the AC ducts are going to be a pervasive problem.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine too

The rear ac vents slats seem to come out very easily. They should not come out when they are bumped. Hey the kids are back there - what do they think will happen? I think it is going to be a problem. If anyone gets satisfaction on this from the dealer please let us know.

·
Registered
481 Posts
yeah, get that pilot to the shop and have those fixed. mine are very stiff and do not move on their own. . .

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Hmm, Manufacuring tolerences??

I wonder, these parts should be produced in small enough quantity to come off one tool or mold.
So why the differences?
Who has loose front vents, and who has tight ones?
What color are they.
Mine are grey and loose.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Loose front vents, easy to pull out 2nd row vents, saddle interior.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Saddle here too. Seems like color won't matter on this one.

·
Registered
310 Posts
grey and loose

grey and loose

·
Registered
143 Posts
Loose Pivot and rear vents

Have noticed too....

My 5 and 2 year old boys have also bumped the rear AC vents causing them to dislodge from their pivot points inside the frame. This should not happen.

Also the drivers side adjustable vent is frictionless.

Interior : Saddle

·
Registered
116 Posts
EX-L Silver -- no problem with front air vents. They're stiff and do not slide or move easily.

Now the second row, right side vent (behind passenger seat) does pivot nearly all the way around, while the left side does not turn as far and the air can not be directed at such an extreme angle. Anyone else's do that?? I sort of like the pivotable side...so do the kids...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Me too!

Yup, rear vents are just frickin' irritating. I sat in the grocery store parking lot trying to fix them while the kids were in the store and found that I'd get one in place and the one above it would pop out. Had to do this with four or five slats. 'Had a backache when I was done--guess I shouldn't have tried it from the driver's seat!

Haven't noticed any problems with the dash vents - I'll check it out and let you know.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Once they fall out, its a warrenty issue

Use th ewarrenty!
My problem is only the fronts turning way to easy.
Guess the kids have not kicked the back vents yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fixed the rear, maybe

The dealer replaced the rear vents today and the new ones seem more substantial. Hard to tell, really, they didn't say if they are a modified part, and it was dark before I got a chance to examine them closely. Front vents are loose, but not so bad that they move much. I think I'll try the felt trick. Home Depot sells adhesive-backed felt dots in different sizes. I think I'll try one or two under the pivot points.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Duct Fix

The dealer I took my Pilot to had the mechanic place a tiny o-ring type of seal just above the duct on the pivot pin. This solved the loose duct problem nicely, and was quite innovative on the part of the technician. Better than having to wait for a replacement from the factory.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts