Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My light came on a bit ago and I need to get it checked. I had a Jiffy Lube tech tell me that if that light comes one and it's an issue with the bag or seatbelt that the Honda dealership should fix it for free as a safety issue? Does this sound right?

I also called our local dealership and they would only say to bring it in for them to check and what the diagnostic cost would be. The associate wouldn't say if the honda dealership covers the cost. Any

·
Registered
12,672 Posts
Normally, an SRS aka seatbelt/airbag repair is a lifelong safety warranty item, understandably, so go ahead and take it in to the dealership. If they give you any guff and refuse, go to another dealership.

If all else fails, try resetting the SRS with this Honda-specific scan tool, but you don't want to compromise on safety, and Honda corporate knows it, so appeal to them if you run into dealership troll pushback.

·
Registered
Home of the 301k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
13,757 Posts
By using a OBD II scanner with the ability to read SRS codes, you can search the trouble code to better understand the issue. I don’t believe Honda will cover a seat belt buckle that may have collected up dirt and debris that doesn’t allow the sensor to detect properly. But yes, saftey first. I’d get it checked out asap.

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
4,886 Posts
If you don’t have a scan tool which reads SRS and seatbelt codes, you can use the OBD2 pin jumpering method to have the codes pulse on the dash.
When I asked the dealership, they told me the diagnostic and fix would be covered if under warranty (they would only know after scanning), otherwise I was on the hook for the cost.
If you search my posts, I wrote something up a while back about the seatbelt latch issue causing the SRS light and how I resolved it.
Be aware that the SRS system does not operate (I.e. no airbags will deploy) when the SRS dash light is illuminated.

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
4,886 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts