Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot 4WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 EX-L and the rear has always been a bit saggy. I had an alignment done and had the adjustable arms installed and that helped quite a bit - not only to align the tires, but now the Pilot sits a bit taller in the back. The saggy look is gone.

I'd like to take it a step further and get airbags in the back coils. I've seen the kits from Air Lift and Firestone so I know what I want. The install "looks" reasonably easy. I think I could DIY, but before I order a kit and dive in, I was hoping I could solicit some opinions from some fellow Pilot owners.

Is doing it DIY worth my time over getting a mechanic to do it? I spoke to Les Schwab and they said it was an easy job and would only cost $300 or $400. I don't know what the warranty is, but I assume they stand behind their work and back up their product to some degree. What was your experience? What was your cost if you had the kit installed by a mechanic? Is the DIY as easy as the videos make it look?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Just refreshed my Pilot rear suspension with new shocks, springs, end links and control arms. If you have the tools, floor jack and jack stands you should be able to handle the job. If you have severe sag you probably should replace the springs and if considering the air bags install them at the same time. Look at Firestone W237604135 Coil-Rite Kit . Figure a method to pump the air bags up with air when needed as they will lose air periodically.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts