Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did to a search for both of those terms, but no threads came up with answers I'm looking for. Sorry if I missed it.

Up to how deep in the water can the Pilot go before the water gets in the air intake and makes the car die? And, can someone please tell me where the air intake is?

As well, besides the one on the leftside of the muffler, are there other steel plates that act as heat shields in the Pilot? If so, where would they be? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm still new to my Pilot, but I can tell you what I have seen while installing my K&N air filter. The intake for the air box goes down and out to just behind & below the drivers side headlight. I wouldn't think that you'd be able to go much deeper than the bottom of the bumper without sucking in water. I guess if you think about it that would be pretty deep. Wouldn't you run into trouble anyway after the muffler became submerged? I'm not sure on the muffler heat shields, but there are alot of people on this site that know alot more about the Pilot than I do! I'm sure someone can help you out.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
RipRocK said:
I did to a search for both of those terms, but no threads came up with answers I'm looking for. Sorry if I missed it.

Up to how deep in the water can the Pilot go before the water gets in the air intake and makes the car die? And, can someone please tell me where the air intake is?

As well, besides the one on the leftside of the muffler, are there other steel plates that act as heat shields in the Pilot? If so, where would they be? Thanks.
I would not go deeper than the bumper. Also, keep an even throttle, and NEVER shut off the engine when the tail pipe is submurged.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, great, thanks guys for the info. Super. Any ideas on the heatshield? kemo? if you have the time, is there like an index you can look up on the service manual and find out if the one right beside the muffler is the only heatshield there is with the Pilot? Thanks a million in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts