Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions:

My pilot seems to be a rock magnet. Luckily, no chips or cracks in the windshield yet!:bonk:

How many Pilot owners have installed the air deflector and does it help with the flying debris (rocks) that hit the windshield?

Also heard the the air deflector was poorly designed for the Pilot---has that been fixed yet?

:20:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just posted a similar message up in General Discussions. My Pilot seems to just attract rocks that bounce off the windshield. No dings or cracks yet but at the rate I'm taking hits it can only be a matter of time, (I hope not but....).

I'm not driving any different on roads I drove for 6 years in my CR-V. So my sad conclusion is the aerodynamics may be such that rocks clear the hood but not the windshield.

I don't have any experience with the deflector, and I don't really like the look of them, but I'd install one and live with it if it will save the windshield!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Just was wondering, did you guys do a search at all first in here before asking?

That said, do not get Honda's OEM deflector. Either go with Perfect Fit or Form Fit aftermarket deflector for the Pilot. You can search for those in here as well and even see some nice pics.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guilty...did not do a search just want to know if the air deflector any kind cuts down on rock debris coming at my winshield....

I'll do the search now!!:1zhelp:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
jtvicknair said:
Guilty...did not do a search just want to know if the air deflector any kind cuts down on rock debris coming at my winshield....
I'll do the search now!!:1zhelp:
Oh, Darn! Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. My apologies. The main reason of your post was to find out whether the wind deflector reduced the chances of debris hitting your windshield. I overlooked that.

The majority of the discussions in here about the wind deflectors pertains to the annoying noise, the vibrations or other dissatifaction about Honda's OEM deflector. (Or, in my case, the incompetent dealer installing it so poorly such that it mangled up my hood and went through agonizing episodes with the dealer to get it properly repaired).

You probably will find some discussions about its effectiveness in preventing debri from hitting the windshield, so, go ahead and still do the searches. But I must admit I didn't read your original post in detail. Sorry.

But my advise about not getting Honda's OEM deflector still stands. Unless they completely changed the design of it, stay away from it. Perfect Fit and Form Fit doesn't require any holes to be drilled under the hood to install, whereas the Honda's OEM does. Many things can go wrong just from that, as was the case with me.

Personally, the reason I got the windshield deflector was primarily to protect the front edge/part of the hood from road debri hitting it. The cost of the wind deflector was much more manageable than to repaint or repair the hood (should the need arise). The secondary reason for me was that IMHO, it looks pretty darn sharp, especially the Perfect Fit one since it has the "wing" part that extends over to the headlights.

Check out this link, http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=651&highlight=perfect+fit if you haven't done so already. It has nice pics of the both deflectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts