Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Mrs. BlackLion and I are thinking about trying to add an Air Deflector to our Pilot when we order.

I heard from one Pilot owner who complained that his Pilot's Air Deflector adds a significant amount of road noise.

Anyone have a similar observation ?

Thanks,

Mr. and Mrs. BlackLion and BlackLionCub

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Please, do yourself a favor and not install the Honda's own OEM wind deflector. Last I heard, even Honda has been advising the dealers not to install them. I wouldn't want anybody to go through what I'm still going through because of my wind deflector.

You should go for one of the aftermarket ones, anyway. Form Fit or Perfect Fit (the ones with wings that extend to the lights) look better to me. I"m getting a Perfect Fit just as soon as all the repairs on my hood is completed by the dealer.

Puleeeeeese, do not get Honda's wind deflector. If your dealer has a half decent parts inventory, they should carry those aftermarket ones I mentioned.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'll add a grain of salt...if you get the OEM make sure it is installed correctly. I added it and am happy with it after changing the tilt of the center brackets to be higher. (Your experience may vary.) Mine is now quiet and looks good. I actually like the OEM deflector better because I can clean under it, it sits higher on the hood than the after market deflectors.

·
Registered
316 Posts
banningjr said:
I'll add a grain of salt...if you get the OEM make sure it is installed correctly. I added it and am happy with it after changing the tilt of the center brackets to be higher. (Your experience may vary.) Mine is now quiet and looks good. I actually like the OEM deflector better because I can clean under it, it sits higher on the hood than the after market deflectors.
I did the same thing w/ the center bracket on the OEM model, and although it did not make the wind noise go away completely, it did quiet it down quite a bit.

I went ahead and replaced the OEM w/ the Form Fit though, for the opposite reason banning did. I liked the Air deflector to sit low and close to the hood. It's easy enough to take off if I have to clean underneath. IMHO the OEM sat high on the hood and the brackets could not support it, so at higher speeds you could see it bending in the middle.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm with 2K3 on this one. I also have the Form Fit and like how close to the hood it lies and it does not have those exposed screws like the OEM deflector. It is easy to remove for periodic washing underneath.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Perfact fit

The Perfect Fit is simmilar to the Form Fit, excep;
1. Has "wings" that cover the area above the headlights.
2. Does have a few screw heads (not noticable) that hold the deflector to the clamps.
3. Does not wrap around the front of hood (starts just below to protect the front edge)

Like the Form Fit;
it sits close on "Bumpons"
Does not make noise
Does not require drilling.

www.carbras.com

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Will soon

I posed one from that was sent to me by the company in another thread.
I will try to get some soon.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I liked the Air deflector to sit low and close to the hood. It's easy enough to take off if I have to clean underneath. IMHO the OEM sat high on the hood and the brackets could not support it, so at higher speeds you could see it bending in the middle.
I'll start with I'm not arguing, that's why they are our opinions.

It does look good when it sits low but I don't like to have to remove anything if I don't have to. I already have to remove the bra from the car to clean the hood and the Pilot is so big I didn't want the extra time, even if short, of removing and readding the deflector. As for the bending, did you also tighten the outer brackets against the sides? That's what did away with the bend. If you look really close you can still see a slight bend but I would bet even the low slung ones bend. (It did on my Tacoma and my parents vans.) It's not as noticeable down low.

Again opinions, not arguements. I think the Perfect fit with the wings looks really cool as well and had it not been free I may have opted for it over the OEM.

·
Registered
316 Posts
banningjr said:

I'll start with I'm not arguing, that's why they are our opinions...
Totally agree w/ you banningjr. If not for individual opinions all our pilots would look identical. Appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Has anyone seen, bought or tried the wind deflector from WeatherTech? No drilling and they say it is easy to attach.
I returned my Honda deflector because of the noise and just returned my Formfit because it was received damaged.
I want a deflector but want the best of course

·
Registered
423 Posts
I found a deflector made by Focus.. It looks good and is about $73. Easy to install and no drilling. Anyone heard of or seen this one ?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Do you have a link?

I think several of these end up being the same part with different brands.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Honda Air Deflector Adustment

I am suffering with wind noise from my Honda air-deflector and waiting for the new design to come out so the dealer can replace it. Please tell me how this adjustment is made to the bracket, in specific terms.

Thanks.

Cindy
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I think most would say the best adjustment is acomplished by losening the atachment bolts till it can be easily removed.
Placing the deflector and associated parts ina box, and retuning to Honda.

·
Registered
316 Posts
N_Jay said:
I think most would say the best adjustment is acomplished by losening the atachment bolts till it can be easily removed.

:19:

This is an optional step to take but, don't forget to clean the hood right after as there is sure to be dirt left over from having the deflector installed in the first place.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
N_Jay said:
Yep! I agree with this one. The best solution to the OEM wind deflector problem. I certainly can attest to that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts