Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the land of air conditioning. I'm wondering if the a/c in the EX lets me make the same boast as the MDX.

The following quote is from Acura's website regarding the MDX at http://www.acura.com/models/model_comfort_climate.asp?module=mdx&bhcp=1

"The powerful, synchronized front and rear climate control system leads the class in heating and cooling times. . . . The system’s 19,000 BTU capacity exceeds the heating and cooling capacity found in the average American home. "

What do you think? Does the EX have the same a/c as the MDX? What about the LX? Can I claim 19,000 BTU? (In Houston in the summer, a number like that means as much or probably more than 240 hp). :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well, it's usually over 108 here every afternoon and when we (eveyone at the workshop) takes the MDX to lunch, I am truly amazed at how quickly it cools the card down... front AND back. In fact, we usually are screaming for 'Rear Control!' in a couple of minutes becuase it is way too cold.

I would expect the Pilot to be the same, a rolling Sub-Zero cryogenic human containment system:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well its been 95 with 60% humitity here in Pa and I am very happy with the ac in the Pilot. In fact my son says the exact same thing as Threadhead mentioned when he yells at me to turn of the cold air after only a few minutes.

Earl

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm not sure about how it compares with an MDX but it does cool down very quickly.
The Pilot has a larger interior volume to cool than the MDX.
I have noticed thaat when you get in and it's very hot the recirc. comes on then goes off after it's cooled down.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Heat index (whatever that means) was 105 here in Jersey on Monday, AC worked great. . .

·
Registered
173 Posts
Extra tinting helps

We recently had the front windows tinted... not quite as dark as the rear windows, but a close match.

The extra tinting really helps reduce the solar load, especially here in south florida, allowing the Pilot a/c to work even more efficiently.

The Pilot a/c is MUCH, MUCH better than the Explorer it replaced.

:4:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Our salesman quoted the ac in the Pilot at 19,000 btu's which is the same as the MDX. I don't know if he really knew this for a fact or was going by what he had heard for the MDX.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
19,00 btu

PJB,

Hey, if your salesman said it, it's good enough for me. :D

Whenever I show someone my Pilot, I mention the 19,000 btu and MDX's "bigger than the a/c for the average American home" line. Now I'm going to do it with even greater assurance.

(I'd still like confirmation that we Piloteers have the same a/c as the MDXers though.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts