Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Which would you choose as standard equipment.

• Air Conditioned Seats

• Heated Seats

• Neither

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just so I know I'm wrong and @Daltongang is right. Which would you choose as standard equipment?
I'm for A/C seats.
With limited resources you build what sells to the most people. You are never going to be able to please everyone. For company to stay in business they need to maximize profits by selling the products that buyers want most.
Do you want heated seats the most?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Yippee, a poll!

Both; I want to have my cake and eat it too. But since this poll is machiavellianly designed to deprive me of exercising my constitutional right of a write-in choice, I've selected air-conditioned seats. Yep, even in Canada. I'll take a slowly self-warming gluteus maximus over [email protected]$$ any day.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 138683 Yippee, a poll!

Both; I want to have my cake and eat it too. But since this poll is machiavellianly designed to deprive me of exercising my constitutional right of a write-in choice, I've selected air-conditioned seats. Yep, even in Canada. I'll take a slowly self-warming gluteus maximus over [email protected]$$ any day.
Lol!

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
499 Posts
I believe the poll is slightly flawed.

The more 'standard equipment' a vehicle has the more expensive it has to be.

When you gotta buy or lease for someone other than you, do you take the prom queens list of demands? Or do you say, "You're fucking welcome"?

My first car was a bare bones base model Saturn with crank windows and manual door locks. Didn't even have power steering.

Do I think the AC ventilated seats should be available on the SE, touring and elite?

Yes absolutely.

But then again, I only bought the elite for the AC ventilated seats (Florida) and panoramic moonroof (less to wax) so maybe im just a prom queen?!??

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe the poll is slightly flawed.

The more 'standard equipment' a vehicle has the more expensive it has to be.

When you gotta buy or lease for someone other than you, do you take the prom queens list of demands? Or do you say, "You're fucking welcome"?

My first car was a bare bones base model Saturn with crank windows and manual door locks. Didn't even have power steering.

Do I think the AC ventilated seats should be available on the SE, touring and elite?

Yes absolutely.

But then again, I only bought the elite for the AC ventilated seats (Florida) and panoramic moonroof (less to wax) so maybe im just a prom queen?!??
My point is, they charge me for heated seats where I'm in 85° to 100°+ weather most of the time, and with high humidity. We would appreciate the ability to have A/C seats.
I don't believe the poll is flawed.

Reactions: ys1219

·
Registered
813 Posts
@Nail Grease Even if you had an Elite, I doubt you'll be happy with the ventilated seats because I've heard they barely do anything. Now cooled seats are a whole different story. Ventilated seats suck air through the seat to suck out the heat from your body (according to a Mazda dealer video), but cooled seats actually blow air on you through the seat. Mostly luxury cars have cooled seats, but it'll be nice if Honda puts cooled seats on their cars. Especially with the pretty luxurious interiors of the Odyssey and Accord (well in my opinion😅).

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
The 1980 Honda Accord I bought new had air conditioning - for the interior, not the seats - as a dealer-installed option/accessory.
Same for the radio and radio antenna.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Heck, my 1992 Plymouth Voyager had no A/C and manual crank-down windows in front but wedge-ajar windows in the back. I put in my own radio with... a cassette player. But it was red and the kids loved it because they could pretend they were riding in a fire truck.

Then one day came that the (only) sliding door slid open and just kept going until it fell entirely to the ground. And that was the end of that. Time to move on to something more 🚀modern🚀, and my first ever air-conditioned vehicle.

Now they were riding in a futuristic outer space shuttlepod.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ventilated seats make a huge difference, not as good as cooled, but still worth it. Honda just put pass lumbar in an odyssey elite, only model Honda with pass lumbar. So a cooled/ventilated option won't be considered until 2050ish.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ventilated seats make a huge difference, not as good as cooled, but still worth it. Honda just put pass lumbar in an odyssey elite, only model Honda with pass lumbar. So a cooled/ventilated option won't be considered until 2050ish.
We'll I'm trusting that Jesus returns before Honda gets cooled seats then. 🙄

Reactions: ys1219

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
They are just another thing which will eventually break. I live in a fairly mild climate, so perhaps that is why I wouldn’t want either to be standard equipment.

Had the poll been for heated mirrors then I would have voted yes for that as standard equipment. That was a 20 hour mod on my Tacoma. It was well worth the effort, but I would have gladly paid the cost for it to be standard equipment (or part of an option package for that matter).

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
I miss that Dustbuster. Way ahead of its time and nostalgic at the same time. Retro-futuristic. Polymer panels that never rusted. Modular seating for the back two rows. Built-in air compressor to pump up your own tires or bicycle tires or footballs or soccer balls or inflatable mattresses on the go. Did I mention new-to-me air conditioning?

After the Dustbuster, I contemplated getting a Toaster (aka Honda Element).

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Heck, my 1992 Plymouth Voyager had no A/C and manual crank-down windows in front but wedge-ajar windows in the back. I put in my own radio with... a cassette player. But it was red and the kids loved it because they could pretend they were riding in a fire truck.
I remember these. Add on AC.

Reactions: PHM

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
340 Posts
Being as we only get two months of really hot weather, I went to the heated seats. Have them in my 300, and I love them. It is great on -30 days to turn on the heated seats and warm my skinny ass. With arthritis, I would love a heated steering wheel also.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
340 Posts

Then one day came that the (only) sliding door slid open and just kept going until it fell entirely to the ground. And that was the end of that. Time to move on to something more 🚀modern🚀, and my first ever air-conditioned vehicle.

View attachment 138686

Now they were riding in a futuristic outer space shuttlepod.
That Pontiac Transport you owned, Did you ever hit your head on that stupid upper corner of the door. First time I ever got into a Transport, for a test drive, that is what I did. Almost knocked myself out, nope not buying it. Salesman was, Sir you will get used to it, dude this car is a hazard, keep it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts