Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the underside of the sun visors are Air Bag warning labels. Did anyone/everyone remove these, or are you supposed to keep them on? Wife wants to keep them on, I say get rid of them, looks like a rental car. If they were removed, did they come off easily, or did they leave any tacky residue on the visor that needed to be cleaned off?

BK

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I have yet to see an SUV where they are removable.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Agreed. Most of the ones I see look almost like iron on or screened on. Even if it's just a sticker you may make it look worse by pulling it off (create fuzzy area).

Chris

·
Registered
465 Posts
Its kind of like the warning on pillows not to remove the labels under penalty of law. Everyone I know keeps the tags on their pillows. Yeah, like the pillow police are going to be in my house looking for tags. (And that warning is for pre-sold pillows anyway.) But I digress...

I have never tried to take the warnings off. They have been screened onto every vehicle I have had with airbags. The big yellow warning is even stuck right there on my mom's Town Car.

It's just so commonplace now, no one notices the warning, just like no one notices the pillow tags. You will forget they are there in no time at all.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Re: Deja Vous

SteveLuman said:
catbert,

You took the words out of my mouth...Couldn't have said it better.

:21:
Great minds think alike!

·
Registered
143 Posts
In 1996 there were a new law passed stating that any new vehicle sold in US must have those stickers on the visors. Now if you want to remove them, its up to you. Its your car!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Wondering?

Does taking them off put you at liability risk, when you lend the car or sell the car?

·
Registered
38 Posts
If they are applied by heat, I wonder if an iron could possibly steam tmen off? I'm a little chicken to try it myself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Covers...

I have a friend who is really into is Avalanche (kinda like we are into our Pilots :) )... And he has found nice Avalanche logo stickers to "cover" the above mentioned saftey stickers. I dropped him a line to see where he got them from, but I have yet to hear from him. Has anyone hear/seen these besides me? It looked nice and sleek inside.

K

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D I still have the airbag warning label in my glovebox door in all of my cars:4:

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just checked the Goof Off instructions and it says NOT for use on vinyl surfaces. I don't think I would risk trying this and have the visor either look bad or be damaged. I basically ignore the warning stickers as they are just part of the car. Even when I lower the visor, I don't notice they are there. Besides, they are still warning stickers and maybe someone will drive the Pilot and not know dangers of possible rollover or putting a child seat in the front.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If I remember correctly, my visors are cloth....it appears impossible to remove the stickers without damaging the visor material.

TL

·
Registered
709 Posts
elbert said:
This is one way to remove the decals...haven't tried it myself though.

http://www.bmw330ci.com/DIY_Visors.htm
I was thinking of doing this exact thing myself. But note that the BMW have vinyl visors and ours I swear or velour, I was worries about staining the cloth.

If i know I can buy a replacement I'll do it. I'm tired of moronic people who should have been darwined out of society making us put warning labels on things. But on a side note I get a kick out of the warning lable on jack in the box coffee. "Warning the hot beverage your about to enjoy is hot"

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sorry, the Pilot visors are indeed cloth. I was thinking of our CRV visors which are vinyl. Brain freeze......

·
Registered
5 Posts
First day I had my jeep 2003 Liberty (with cloth visors) I heated them up with a hair dryer, which loosened the adhesive, and I easily pulled off the stickers. Tomorrow I'm picking up my new '04 Pilot EX-L... and guess what will be the first thing I do? Take off the freakin' stickers. I believe the law is for initial sale... not resale. If you're nervous, just place the stickers in your manual and provie them to the future buyer, advising him he can glue them back on if he's interested.

Lastly, there was a bit of adhesive left on the visor, and the guy at the dry-cleaner rubbed some kind of chemical on it for 5 bucks... can't even tell there were any stickers.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
W4TA said:
Tomorrow I'm picking up my new '04 Pilot EX-L... and guess what will be the first thing I do? Take off the freakin' stickers.
Assume last line was about the Jeep. How did the Pilot stickers do coming off.

I get a kick out of looking at the warning about using the AWD. Such an angle you would wreck the car reading the lable. Only notice it once I am going.

Has anybody removed their stickers on their Pilot? May be a WWong operation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts