Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like others on this board, I think that my headlamps are just a tad too low.

Does anyone know how / where to adjust the headlamps on the Pilot?? I've looked all around the lamp assembly but I can't find anything that looks like an adjustment.

Perhaps it is detailed in the maintenance manual....????

·
Registered
494 Posts
ChiefPilot,
I think I have the same problem. I haven't had the chance to check it out.:confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is what I saw

There seems to be a small access hole under the hood just above each headlight toward the center of the vehicle. It looks like there is a small pinion that you turn to adjust lights up an down. Have not tried it yet but hope to this weekend.

Dave

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let us know what you find, Dave.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Yes, you found it

You turn the small pinion like piece with a philips screwdriver.
Once you see it, you will know what to do.

Remember don't aim them too high.
Specification is 2.1" drop at 25'.
You measure the height based n the little dot in the middle of the headlamp, and the cut off line of the low beam.
Cleaning the lenses before aiming makes the cut off line sharper.

Also have the Pilot loaded "normally", so have the wife and a kid or two sitting in it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pics of an adjustment

can anyone please provide with the pictures? can't seem to know how to do or aiming the headlight.

SS EX-L RES #35211

·
Registered
311 Posts
When installing the Silverstars the other day I noticed there is an up/down adjusment logo stamped into the top surface of the large black plastic piece that holds the lens assembly in place. There are rotational arrows that indicate the respective rotation to either lower or raise the headlamp. If I were going to adjust mine I think I would do it by trial and error since it's so easy to make the adjustments. I'd try a slight lowering first. To do this, I would mark my garage door or front wall, etc. with a piece of tape to indicate the upper or lower break off of the light beam (before any adjustment). Then I'd turn the adjustment screw one full turn while also watching the movement of the light relative to the piece of tape (basically only to get a feel for how much of an adjustment you get with one full turn of the screw). Then I would simply give it an acid test on the road. If not to your liking, continue to make further minor adjusments keeping a record of them in event you find the initial adjustments (lowering the headlamp) were incorrect and you need to get the headlamps back to the factory setting or even raise them slightly.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Remember about load

fully loaded mine are a tad high, unloaded they are a tad low.
Guess this is about as good as you get without adjusting them before every major trip.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I would leave them alone, especially if you have the Silver Stars installed...no adj is needed. You will notice that, with the Silver Stars, that the left lamp is ever so slightly lower than the right. This is normal and I have not found a need to adj them, as of yet anyway-

·
Registered
185 Posts
Eyeballing

Albeit I have the Silver Stars, I've been "eyeballing" the low beams' projection when I'm side-by-side other vehicles on dark roads and really can't see extreme differences. Some might be a little better, some worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts