Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I just purchased a 2009 exl pilot with a busted engine which I just recently did an engine swap and basically changed everything. Anyway I just ordered a VCM muzzler kit, however I’m not really comfortable driving around with an inaccurate Temperature reading. So I picked up this universal temp gauge on amazon and a Temp joint for the sensor and a gauge holder, everything was $41 delivered. BTW joint size is 36mm for our pilots.

Installation was straight forward, aluminum joint was installed on upper radiator hose as close to the block as possible. Joint was grounded to battery and sender wire routed through the firewall through the wiring harness boot thats located on the upper right of the brake booster. Sender wire was then attached to green wire of the gauge. Black to ground, and red to a fuse tap. I used fuse number 34. Installation was about a couple of hours, but could be done in 45 mins if you go straight. Overall very pleased and is pretty accurate when tested with laser temp gun

Oh and to route the wire from the gauge to under the dash I had to take off the Driver's dashboard lower cover and Driver's dashboard side panel. Refer to page 20-121 of the service manual. Its pretty easy to take off just pop the driver's dashboard side panel first and then take out the screw on the side, after that it all pulls and pops out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Links to the items I bought

Of course you'll also need wire, connectors and the corrugated tubing, just went to harbor freight for all those, probably another $10.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts