Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across this in a FB group and got super excited. It's the first aftermarket suspension for a Pilot (1-3 Generations) that I could find. Supposedly, it's adjustable to handle street and off-road and it offers 0-3 lift.

Anyone tried this? Recommendations? Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Do it!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well that seems new. Judging by the looks I would think it may not be up to some off-road abuse but it really just depends how well it is built. I have washboard roads on a lot of trails which I HATE driving on.

Also curious if it is stock to 3" drop or stock to 3" lift.

Thanks for sharing. Im pretty married to the Passport strut swap I did but if this pops up more I may try it the next time I need struts.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Well that seems new. Judging by the looks I would think it may not be up to some off-road abuse but it really just depends how well it is built. I have washboard roads on a lot of trails which I HATE driving on.

Also curious if it is stock to 3" drop or stock to 3" lift.

Thanks for sharing. Im pretty married to the Passport strut swap I did but if this pops up more I may try it the next time I need struts.
It says they are adjustable so you can soften them up for washboards... Not a ton of pics on their website but they look nice enough, if I were in the market for a lift I'd consider them.

EDIT: Just saw the $1600 price... I think I'd probably be OK with that price for shocks and springs if I knew they were quality parts from other users. IDK if I'd be willing to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
It says they are adjustable so you can soften them up for washboards... Not a ton of pics on their website but they look nice enough, if I were in the market for a lift I'd consider them.

EDIT: Just saw the $1600 price... I think I'd probably be OK with that price for shocks and springs if I knew they were quality parts from other users. IDK if I'd be willing to be the guinea pig.
Someone has to be 1st. Might as well be you. :p

Reactions: Steffo

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually changed my suspension completely and went to Air Suspension. I went down Down not up lol. It is the same suspension ststem as the Acura MDX same year windows so if you cant find anything specific for your Pilot. See if you can find it under an Acura MDX. Good Luck. Heres a pic of her on an Air out stance.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
I actually changed my suspension completely and went to Air Suspension. I went down Down not up lol. It is the same suspension ststem as the Acura MDX same year windows so if you cant find anything specific for your Pilot. See if you can find it under an Acura MDX. Good Luck. Heres a pic of her on an Air out stance. View attachment 148874
There's a first time for everything.
Looks nice. How's it ride?

·
Registered
139 Posts

I agree about the price, I forgot but OEM Passport struts was something like $1000-1200 ONLINE, dealership wanted more. No one at the time at least made replacements except for Honda and it seems there was not an assembly out yet either. So, $1600 doesn't sound too bad. Their subbie photos seem to show that they at least do some high end stuff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered a set of Flatout struts for the front of my Pilot! The rear wasn't going to work with my Firestone airsprings so I opted out. (I tow a lot and love the ability to adjust the rear on the fly) They said I should have my set by mid June. I lost a bit of height in the front, from the weight of my custom front hitch mount and winch, that I am eager to gain back. In the future I plan to install a subframe drop and push the lift closer to 3.5"

http://youtube.com/hondapilotoverland

·
Registered
150 Posts
Its air suspension so u can adjust it to your ride preference. High/Factory height/low/ super low/Aired out. But she rides like she’s on factory. And in relation To “potholes debri... ect it is easy as the adjustability of pressing a button or 2. I Love it.
What brand did you buy, and what was the price for the complete system?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts